Distances in this event
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 10km
- Run 5km
- Run 1km
Cadbury Marathon routes
- Head west to Somerdale Road, turn right and run the first of 2 laps around Cadbury Estate. Turn right at Mitcham Road, left at Keynsham Road, right at Moreton Crescent. Right into Mitcham Road, left into Bourneville Crescent, cross over the start line and repeat.
- After 2 laps of Cadbury Estate, continue West, on Cadbury Road, down hill past the Claremont Primary School where the first drink station is located. Stay on Cadbury Road, until you get to Windemere Primary School, where you enter the school on the first lap and do a circuit of the entrance (on the first lap only).
- Come out of Windermere Primary, turn left to the end of Cadbury Road and left onto Main Road. Continue on main road past the second drink station at the 6km mark. Stay on Main Road, past MONA, then onto the Brooker Highway.
- Continue on Brooker Highway until the Derwent Entertainment Centre where you turn left and continue on Llyods Lane until Goodwood Road, where the third drink station will be at the 12km mark.
- Turn left on Goodwood Road and run across the Bowen Bridge. The turn point is located where Goodwood Road becomes the East Derwent Highway. Participants then head back the same way you came, with the turn point located for the second lap at Claremont Primary School.
- Repeat the same course, with the exception of the small loop at Windermere Primary School.
- Once crossing the Bowen Bridge for the second time, turn and run back to finish at the Cadbury Chocolate Factory
- Runners head west to Somerdale Road, then turn right onto Mitcham Road, right onto Bourneville Avenue and then back onto Cadbury Road. Follow Cadbury Road down the Cadbury Estate hill to Main Road.
- Turn left onto Main Road and run past the Berriedale drink station, onto the Brooker Highway. Follow the Brooker Highway until you turn left at Lloyds Lane and enter the Derwent Entertainment Centre.
- Exit at Goodwood road where the third drink station is and turn left onto Goodwood Road. Cross the Bowen Bridge and turn around where the road becomes the East Derwent Highway. Run back and finish at the Cadbury Chocolate Factory.
- Head straight down Cadbury Road and onto Main Road. Turn left onto Main Road, run past Mona Museum and onto the Brooker Highway. The turnaround point will be on the Brooker Highway out the front of Montrose Bay High School.
Running Edge 5K
- Run East on Bourneville Crescent towards the Claremont Golf Club.
- Enter the Claremont Golf Club and turn right, down the first tee. The route then goes around the Claremont Golf Course, coming up and down one fairway.
- Participants then exit the Claremont Golf Course, run up Bourneville Crescent, onto Cadbury Road.
- A hard left is then made at the fork coming into Cadbury and participants finish at the same finish line as all events.
Cadbury Mini Marathon
- Participants head down Bourneville Crescent before turning back to run up Cadbury Road. Participants then head to the fork in the road on the way into Cadbury and finish under the same finish line arch as all events.
- Closed roads
- Finisher’s medal
- Race packs collected on the day
- 2500 participants
From the organizer
The Cadbury Marathon will take place on Sunday January 13, 2019.
Starting and finishing at the iconic Cadbury Chocolate Factory in Hobart, there are five distances to choose from:
Marathon (incorporating the Tasmanian Marathon Championships)
Half Marathon (incorporating the Tasmanian Half Marathon Championships), 10 km, 5km and 1km for kids.
Cadbury Marathon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Cadbury Marathon reviews (6)
4.7 out of 5 stars
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.