The 2019 Greater Bank Fernleigh 15 will offer runners the chance to compete as an individual and complete the 15km course by themselves or as a part of a 5 runner relay. This relay is exciting and popular providing runners of all ages and abilities to run the Fernleigh if 15km is a little too far!
How to enter the The Greater Bank Fernleigh 15
- Run 15km
- Run 15km
- Run 15km
- Run 15km
The Greater Bank Fernleigh 15 routes
Pass through suburban settings before running through the iconic Pacific Highway tunnel linking Newcastle and Lake Macquarie jurisdictions. Run through the leafy Glenrock reserve and then past the historic coastal town of Redhead. The run culminates with a ripping last km over boardwalk sections of paperbark swamp and finishing at the Belmont railway platform.
This year will be the third running of the 15km relay divided into 5 individual run legs. Each run leg will have a change over zone at each Railway Station along the track. Runners will wear a sash from the start to the finish and will complete one of the 5 relay legs. The minimum age for relay runners is 8 years old (Primary School age) making it suitable for school teams.
Team Event - The 5 Leg Relay
1. There are 3 team categories; Schools/Clubs, Family or Open
2. All runners shall ride on a bus from St Pius X to their leg start (private transport is not permitted) they will also be picked up at the finish of their leg and transported to the finish at Belmont.
3. There are 5 legs of varying distances all taking in a station to station leg – see above map. Teams must nominate which runner is completing each leg they are doing at the time of registration.
– Leg 1: Adamstown to Kahibah (3.1km)
– Leg 2: Kahibah to Whitebridge (2.1km)
– Leg 3: Whitebridge to Redhead (4.1km)
– Leg 4: Redhead to Jewells (2.5km)
– Leg 5: Jewells to Belmont (3.2km)
2. All teams will start at 8:15am in their own wave. The finishing time of the 5th runner shall be recorded.
3. The bus fee is included in the team entry fee, however a Return bus to St Pius X from Belmont is not included
4. Age limit is 5 years. NOTICE: WE HAVE CHAPERONE RUNNERS WHO WILL RUN EACH DISTANCE WITH THE KIDS.
The Start Area is St Pius X High School, Adamstown. This is where participants can check in, park their car, visit the bathrooms and receive on the day race instructions. There is ample parking along with toilets, bag drop, warm up facilities and a coffee vendor all nearby. Runners shall be escorted from the start area to the start line in waves. The waves shall be brought together at St Pius X quadrangle just near the check in location (School chapel) and then led down to the start line following the route marked in yellow above. Ushers will lead the group down to the start line arriving 10 minutes before their allotted start time (listed above). Officials will call participants from the Start Waiting Area to the Start line 5 minutes before the Start Time.
Aid/drink stations will be provided at the start, finish, 3km, 5.1km, 9.5km and 12km marks. Electrolyte drink and water will also be available at the 9.5km, 12km and finish line water stains. First Aid will be located at several points along the course and the finish line. There is also toilets at Whitebridge and Redhead.
The Greater Bank Fernleigh 15 weather forecast
Clear throughout the day.
The Greater Bank Fernleigh 15 reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was The Greater Bank Fernleigh 15?