Ultra Trail Gold Coast (previously known as the Nerang State Forest Trail Race, Nerang 100 Miler and 200 Miler) runs from Tuesday, 24 September to Monday, 30 September 2019 with distances from 25km to 500km.
The event is conducted on an accurately measured 25km looped course with 895 metres of elevation gain per loop, based at the Gold Coast Nerang cycling velodrome.
The races form part of the prestigious Asia Trail Master Championship series, are ITRA certified and a qualifier for UTMB and other major events.
How to enter the Ultra Trail Gold Coast
- Run 500km
- Run 325km
- Run 175km
- Run 100km
- Run 50km
- Run 25km
Ultra Trail Gold Coast routes
Run course configuration:
- Option 1, 500 kms; 20 full laps,
- Option 2, 325 kms (replacing the 200 miler); 13 full laps,
- Option 3, 175 kms (replacing the old 100 miler); 7 full laps,
- Option 4, 100 kms; 4 full laps,
- Option 5, 50 kms; 2 full laps,
- Option 6, 25 kms; one full 25 km lap.
The 175-325-500 kms events are extreme events.
However, they are achievable by anyone who can run or run/walk 100 kms.
The 500 kms course has 17,900 metres of elevation gain so presents a sizable challenge for most. However, if you approach this sensibly, it is achievable by most runners. It’s all in the pacing. The course lends itself to replenish and recovery every 15 miles (25 kms).
Bring a crew, bring food and bring a tent to take a nap. Break this event down into manageable components and it’s yours for the taking. Perhaps run/walk for 4 laps (100 kms) and take a 3-4 hour break, then repeat the process and so on.
The cut off time is a generous 144 hours and the distances are quite achievable by pretty much all runners/walkers……….. provided you plan it conservatively.
Be mindful that with these events in particular, speed kills. Break it down into manageable portions and become a hero. Or heroine, as the case may be.
Remember the old adage “First you finish, then you finish first.” This saying is especially appropriate for this event. Just finish it in year one, don’t worry one iota about your time and improve on that the following year.
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Ultra Trail Gold Coast weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Ultra Trail Gold Coast reviews (2)
4.7 out of 5 stars
Reasons people recommend this event
You may also like
- Hares And Hounds Trail Run19th Jan 2020, Woodford
- The Kokoda Challenge Brisbane6th Jun 2020, Brisbane
- RACV Royal Pines Resolution Run31st Dec, Gold Coast
- Scenic Rim Ultra15th Aug 2020, Kooralbyn
- Wildhorse at Night23rd May 2020, Coochin Creek
- Caboolture Historical Village Dusk To Dawn8th Feb 2020, Brisbane