Covid-secure Events: What to expect when you return to the start-line
Events are back! As of March 29th, we’ve seen endurance sports events return to the UK, under COVID-secure measures. We’ve all missed real life events and for many the appetite to get back out there is huge.
However, we understand that people remain apprehensive about returning to in-person events and will be unsure about what a COVID-secure event really looks like.
So, we packed up our GoPro and headed down to a Maverick Race event in Kent, on April 17th, to see exactly what it’s like taking part in a COVID-secure event. Was it different? Absolutely. Was the epic event day atmosphere, the sense of community, or the finish-line feeling lost? Absolutely not.
It’s important to remember, COVID-safety measures will differ from event organiser to organiser and if you’d like to find out more about specific events before booking, please reach out to our customer service team.
That said, there are a number of consistent safety measures which you can expect to see across all COVID-secure events:
- Masks must be worn in the event village, but not while racing
- There will be hand sanitiser available throughout the venue
- Socially distance start lines mean that runners will go off in waves
- Registration is touch free
- If applicable, aid stations are touch free
- There will be no bag drop available
Feeling inspired to enter your first event post lockdown? Check out all COVID-19 planned events coming up near you.