- Finisher’s medal
From the organiser
Held the 3rd Saturday of every May, the Ogden Marathon attracts runners from all 50 states and several countries!
Distances in this event
- Run 26.2mi
7:00am Sat 18th May 2019
- Run 13.1mi
7:00am Sat 18th May 2019
- Run 26.2mi
7:00am Sat 18th May 2019
- Run 5km
7:00am Sat 18th May 2019
- Run 1km
12:30pm Sat 18th May 2019
- Run 26.2mi
6:59am Sat 18th May 2019
- Long Sleeve Tech Shirt for Full | Half | Relay
- Short Sleeve Tech Shirt for 5K
- All receive a finisher medal
- Finish Line Festival with food, vendors and live music
The Marathon's beautiful course starts at an elevation of 5400 ft . As you run the first half you will enjoy open roads, green fields and a beautiful gushing river. At the half way mark and start of the 1/2 Marathon you are at an elevation of 5000 ft.
You will start the final half by running around Pineview Reservoir then drop into Ogden Canyon where you will run along the roaring Ogden River. Breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces will be encountered along with quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. Exiting the canyon you run onto the Ogden River Parkway for approximately 2 miles which will take you past Dinosaur Park and the Utah State University Botanical Gardens. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.
The Marathon starts at 7 a.m. just below Red Rock Outfitters Ranch located 8 miles east of Huntsville on Highway 39 and finishes on Historic 25th Street.
Marathon runners will need to reach the following check points:
Pineview Spillway by 11:30 am (approximately mile 17.3)
Be out of Ogden Canyon by 1:00 pm (approximately mile 22.5)
Finish the race by 2 pm.
The 1/2 Marathon course begins at the last half of the full Marathon at an elevation of 5,000 feet. The Gun blows at 7 a.m. and you will start the 1/2 by running around Pineview Reservoir then drop into Ogden Canyon where you will run along the roaring Ogden River. Breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces will be encountered along with quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. Exiting the canyon you run onto the Ogden River Parkway for approximately 2 miles which will take you past Dinosaur Park and the Utah State University Botanical Gardens. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.
The Half Marathon starts at Marathon mile 13.1 located slightly north of Eden Park and finishes Downtown Ogden on Historic 25th Street.
The Marathon's beautiful course starts at an elevation of 5400 ft. The five legs of the relay will take your team by open roads, green fields, a beautiful gushing river, through Ogden Canyon with breathtaking views of pine covered slopes changing into steep rock faces, with a view of quaint homes nestled along the river's edge. The course ends downtown on Historic 25th street at an elevation of 4,309 Feet.
- Relay Teams may have 2 to 5 participants
- Each participant must complete their own registration to join a team
- Teams will compete in one of four divisions; Men's, Women's, Mixed and Corporate
- The team captain will pay for the entire team to secure their spot and will pick up the whole team's packet at the Expo. Only the team captain's ID is required.
- Once you have finished your leg you may continue to run the next leg(s) with your team mate(s) if you wish to continue or there will be a bus waiting for you at the exchange points.
The Marathon Relay starts at 7 a.m. just below Red Rock Outfitters Ranch located 8 miles east of Huntsville on Highway 39 and finishes on Historic 25th Street.
Leg One & Leg Two
Load 4:30 am - 5:00 am in front of the Bigelow Hotel (East side). There is only one loading of the buses to the start of Leg One & Leg Two
You will ride the buses with the Full Marathon participatnts. Load on the East Side of Washington Boulevard into the buses that are facing Northbound.
Leg Three & Four
Leaves at 6:15 am
Loading will take place on the 2500 Block of Washington Boulevard in front of Key Bank.
Loads and leaves at 8:00 am Leave from 2510 Washington Blvd. in front of Key Bank.
Shuttle to Finish
Once you have completed your relay leg, there will be buses waiting to shuttle relay participants to the finish line. Bus schedules may vary and participants are not guaranteed to make it to the finish line before their team has finished the race.
There is no parking at the start of Leg One & Leg Two
Limited parking available at the start of Leg Three
The Ogden Marathon 5k is run over a portion of the final 3.1 miles of the marathon course. The Ogden River Parkway is a paved pathway that parallels the Ogden River through lush trees. This winding course will likely rank among the most enjoyable 5k runs you'll ever experience.
The race begins at 7 a.m. at the Junction Downtown headed out to the Ogden River Parkway, along the scenic river, then the final mile or so runs along Grant Avenue to the Finish Line.
The Granite Construction KidsK is the perfect way for children 12 and under to participate. They start later in the day and run the last "K" of the marathon. They will cross the same finish line that all marathon participants are running through. With the crowd cheering them in, they are sure to have a great time!
The Granite Construction KidsK starts at 12:30 p.m. in front of the Amphitheater Arches on 25th and Kiesel. They will finish at the Ogden Marathon Finish Line on 25th Street!
Kids 1K Race Information:
- The Kids 1K is a non-timed 1-mile fun run
- Kids under 12 are invited to participate
- One Parent or Guardian may run with each registered child at no cost
- Strollers are allowed
- Parents pushing strollers are responsible for the safety of the children running around/near them
- To ensure the safety of everyone . Older children will line up at the front of the start line, younger children and parents with strollers starting at the back.
- 9:00 am - Shake Out Run - Join us for a short 3 mile fun run at the Expo
- 10:00 am - 8:00 pm - PACKET PICK-UP at the Altra Fun & Fitness Expo, 4400 Harrison Blvd., Ogden. The Ogden Marathon does not mail packets and there is no race day packet pick up. All packets for all races need to be picked up at the Altra Fun & Fitness Expo.
- 6:00 pm –Mayor’s “Pawsitivity” Walk at 18th & Grant Ave. – Dogs Welcome –
- 4:30 am - 5:00 am – Buses Load 25th St. & Washington Blvd. for Full, Half & Relay legs 1-2
- 5:15 am - Last VIP runner buses leave from 26th St. & Washington Blvd., by Bank of Utah
- 6:00 am – Ogden Canyon Closes
- 6:15 am - Bus loading for Relay legs 3-4 at 25th St. & Washington Blvd.
- 6:40 am – Sunrise Canyon Bike Ride starts from Snowcrest Junior High School
- 7:00 am - Full Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay & 5K Start
- 7:30 am - Teleperformance Finish Line Festival opens to the public with food, music & fun!
- 8:00 am - Bus loading for Relay Leg 5 at 25th St. & Washington Blvd.
- 9:30 am – Amphitheater Archway – Kidz Zone Open
- 8:45 am - Main Park Stage, 5K overall awards presented, male & female.
- Age divisions awards available at awards tent.
- 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Miller Lite/Talisman Brewery Beer Garden
- 11:00 am - Kids K registration opens at the GOAL booth
- 11:45 am - Main Park Stage, Full & Half Marathon overall awards presented, male & female.
- Age division awards available after results are posted at awards tent.
- 12:30 pm - Kids K Race begins at 25th St. & Kiesel Ave.
- 1:00 pm - Ogden Canyon reopens
- 2:00 pm - End of race
The event will be held at 2440 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT, 84401, located about 40 minutes north of Salt Lake city via I-15.
Parking is available in downtown Ogden and at the host hotels. Please check lots to determine if it is a pay lot and pay the appropriate fees. Follow all no parking and tow away zones, as you are at risk for a ticket and towing.
Dress in layers and check the local forecast for the Huntsville area leading up to the race. It is typically anywhere between 20-35 degrees. YES, there will be fire barrels at the FULL start to help keep you warm.
Where can my family watch the race?
At the Eden Town Park (parking is limited), along the Ogden River Parkway, Grant Ave. and at the finish line area. Please discourage family members from attempting to spectate at the mouth of Ogden Canyon due to high traffic levels and congestion.
During the 2002 Winter Olympic Games it was very apparent that the community of Ogden had something special, something unique that was revealed in the spirit of the games....unequivocal volunteer support. A small group of people that later became the founding board members of the GOAL Foundation immediately realized that this spirit had to be captured and nurtured in order to transform the community into a mecca for outdoor recreation and world class athletic events.
They asked the local organizing committee for permission to reach out to the volunteers and were granted just one shot. The rest is history. Thirteen years later, as a result of that spirit and vision, the Ogden community and GOAL have played host to world class events such as the Archery World Cup, The Dew Tour, XTERRA USA Championships, XTERRA USA Trail Championships, USA Collegiate Cycling Championships, USA Cycling Masters Championships, The Tour of Utah, The Zions Bank Ogden Marathon and many, many more!
Today we continue with that legacy and sincerely thank all those who have contributed in one way or another as a GOAL Foundation Volunteer. GOAL Volunteers are, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the best in the business! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
If you are interested in receiving volunteer information as events are approaching, please fill out our survey and we'll be sure to email you as volunteer opportunities arise!
AID STATIONS | COURSE SUPPORT
- Start, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15.5, 17, 18.5, 20, 21.5, 23, 24, 25
- Water and Gatorade will be provided at every aid station
- Portable Restrooms will be available at the start line and each aid station
- Energy gel will be available at miles: 5, 9, 17 and 23
- Fruit will be available at miles: 7, 13, 18, 23
- Minor first aid supplies will be available at all aid stations.
BUS LOADING AND PARKING - FULL MARATHON
- Bus loading for the Full Marathon is from 4:30 am - 5:00 am
- Load at 2510 Washington Blvd. in front of the Bigelow Hotel
- There is NO parking at the start line. All participants must ride the Bus to the start area.
- You will be required to show your Full Marathon race bib to board the bus
BUS LOADING & PARKING - HALF MARATHON
- Buses will be loading from 4:30 am - 5:00 am
- 2491 Washington Blvd. Ogden, UT - Located in front of Key Bank
- You will be required to show your Half Marathon race bib to board the bus.
- If you miss the bus there is no other transportation available to the start line.
WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL CLOTHING DROP SITES
You can drop your clothing in designated areas at Half Marathon and Full Marathon start line. Clothing dropped anywhere else will be considered "donated" and will not be returned to the clothing pick up area at the finish of the race. Please make sure you use a runner’s bag with your bib # clearly marked on it for ease of retrieval at the finish line. Although we make every attempt to get your personal belongings back to you safely, The Ogden Marathon is not responsible for lost or stolen items. There is no clothing drop at the 5K start line or Relay Exchange points.
CAN I OR MY FAMILY DRIVE TO THE START OF THE RACE?
Full Marathon - NO - Take the bus
Half Marathon - YES - Be early, roads close, and parking is limited. Best to take the bus.
Relay Points - NO - Take the bus
5K - YES - Simply park at the Junction parking lot and walk right out to the start line which is near the Megaplex Theatre, between 24th & 25th Street on Keisel Ave.
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Ogden Marathon?
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
More from GOAL Foundation
Personalised race recommendations near you, important ballot openings and race discounts.