Taking part in the Portumna Forest Marathon is a spiritual experience – while it tests the body physically, it soothes the mind in equal proportions. The runners, crew, and marshalls blend in with the environment and although there is plenty of clapping and encouragement for the runners there is a serenity about the place that bows down to the beauty of the natural environment.
Everyone talks a little softer and smiles a little wider. When those inevitable Irish rain showers put in their short but frequent appearances, everyone looks up at the raindrops through the leaves and marvels at the reflections of the rainbows in the puddles – appreciating the fact that the rain had a vital role to play in providing such a luscious backdrop for the run.
How to enter the Portumna Forest Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
Meet the organiserOrganizer's website
Portumna Forest Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Portumna Forest Marathon?
You may also like
- Abersoch 10K & 3K Beach Race4th Jun, Abersoch4.5(2)
- The Jones Crisps Anglesey Half Marathon & 10k4th Sep, Bangor4.7(14)
- Anglesey Trail Half Marathon & 10k15th May, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
- Robinsons Abersoch Triathlon18th Jun, Abersoch
- The Llandudno Easter 5k Promenade Dash2nd Apr, Llandudno4.9(31)
- The ROC - Summer3rd Sep, Abersoch
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.