I think this event has everything going for it -
- initial information top notch - information on the website, interaction on FB page, ease to register,
- parking - not at the event itself but plenty of parking around (I do recommend train station - only few minutes distance from the start / finish)
- good organization in the morning at registration - nice and smooth - but I was one of the first ones but even as the queue grew - the guys were very efficient,
- free tea and coffee making facilities - you had to make it yourself but it was there available for free (not paying 2 or 3 quid for a tea bag and cup of hot water - like at some events....)
- sermon before the start - sorry - race brefing - short, efficient, to the point - which I personally liked
- extremely well marked course - it's impossible to get lost - you have arrows after arrows after arrows... and also you just follow signs with Fantastic Mr Fox himself ;-) (ok fox head with a crown on it)
- well stocked aid stations - with selection of food (sweet savoury) and drinks (proper Coke!!!!) - and very efficient volunteers
- great views - canal paths, woodlands, fields
- not too much tarmac
- bit hilly but nothing to complain about
- great finish line - with again free hot drinks and cakes - cakes and more cakes :-)
- really nice bling - and a buff...
Personally I didn't find the course too hilly - although it is a bit undulating - nothing too extreme.... But again - depends on where you train on daily basis...
All in all - top event - and I would definitely recommend to anyone!