How to enter the Tour Du Mont Blanc - 2nd Half
- Run 88km
Tour Du Mont Blanc - 2nd Half route
- The route begins in Courmayeur, Italy.
- Following a steep ascent out of the valley, you may see the idyllic sight of the sun rising over the clouds carpeting the valleys far below.
- After a couple of hours running on a stunning balcony path, there will be time to stop for a refreshment at the Rifugio Bonatti hut, dedicated to the legendary Italian climber. As you run, you will be passing some of his record breaking first ascents.
- Next up is the approach to the fearsome Grand Col Ferret which marks marking the Swiss border at 2537m. The trails down from the Col are perfect. You will hear the cowbells from the lush green valley below, as you descend through the stunning scented mountain meadows into the little village of Le Fouly
- The trail passes through forests running alongside the river and through tiny Swiss villages and fields of hay and wild flowers before heading up to Champex-Lac. Champex is a paradise in the mountains and sits at the juncture to another famous hiking route and potential running adventure - the Walker’s Haute Route.
- Three more high points remain to Chamonix equalling around 25 miles. The view from the next climb is hard to take in, since you can see all the way down to Martigny, 1500m below. Its broad flat valley leads to Zermatt and beyond.
- The path descends from here through some rocky and tree root covered trails to the Col de la Forclaz and then steeply down to Trient and its beautiful pink church and backdrop of dramatic glaciers, where we spend our last night on the trail.
- The final day begins with a steep climb up from Trient, which provides one of the most impressive views on the whole route of the Mt Blanc Massif which dominates the horizon, its glacier pouring over into the Chamonix valley below.
- From hear its all downhill as both the descent to Chamonix and the celebrations begin
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
Tour Du Mont Blanc - 2nd Half weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Run The Wild are ranked #54 in the UK out of 275 organizers
Tour Du Mont Blanc - 2nd Half reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Tour Du Mont Blanc - 2nd Half?