1 / 8
This epic 17-day adventure sees runners travelling 860 miles from John O'Groats to Lands End. Covering the length of the UK, this is an incredibly demanding and challenging race. This is not for the faint-hearted, but those who do it will create memories that last a lifetime.
Fri 18th Mar 2022
John o' Groats, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
Some Serious Climbs
20 to 50m elevation gain per km
Where and when
Post Office, John o' Groats, Wick KW1 4YR, UK
This 17 day epic adventure will see you travel from length of the UK from John O'Groats to Lands End in a once in a lifetime experience, running over 50 miles per day on average. The route will almost all be on road and continues to be developed each year to avoid busy roads.
- 53.1 miles
- Ascent: 1,149 m, Descent: 1,124 m
- Start: John O’Groats
- Finish: Helmsdale Hostel, KW8 6JR
- 45.7 miles
- Ascent: 788 m, Descent: 789 m
- Start: Helmsdale Hostel
- Finish: Westmore B&B, Alness IV17 0QQ
- 55.5 miles
- Ascent: 1276 m, Descent: 1082 m
- Start: Westmore B&B
- Finish: Aviemore Youth Hostel, Aviemore PH22 1PR
- 56.2 miles
- Ascent: 1,107 m, Descent: 1,192 m
- Start: Aviemore Youth Hostel, Aviemore
- Finish: Pitochry Youth Hostel, Pitlochry PH16 5HJ
- 56 miles
- Ascent: 1,247 m, Descent: 1,263 m
- Start: Pitochry Youth Hostel
- Finish: Travelodge Dunfermline, KY11 8RY
- 51.7 miles
- Ascent: 1,359 m, Descent: 1,241 m
- Start: Travelodge Dunfermline
- Finish: The Gordon Arms, TD7 5LE
- 55.4 miles
- Ascent: 1,071 m, Descent: 1,277 m
- Start: The Gordon Arms
- Finish: Travelodge Carlisle Central, CA1 1NL
- 56.5 miles
- Ascent: 1,279 m, Descent: 1,244 m
- Start: Travelodge Carlisle Central
- Finish: Travelodge Burton, LA6 1JF
- 55.4 miles
- Ascent: 653 m, Descent: 658 m
- Start: Travelodge Burton
- Finish: Travelodge Haydock, WA11 9TL
- 57.7 miles
- Ascent: 651 m, Descent: 594 m
- Start: Travelodge Haydock
- Finish: Premier Inn, Harmer Hill, Shreswbury, SY4 3DS
- 55 miles
- Ascent: 1,183 m, Descent: 1,273 m
- Start: Premier Inn
- Finish: Travelodge Worcester, WR1 2QS
- 55.5 miles
- Ascent: 527m, Descent: 488 m
- Start: Travelodge Worcester
- Finish: Travelodge Bristol Filton, BS34 5GN
- 54.7 miles
- Ascent: 712 m, Descent: 710 m
- Start: Travelodge Bristol
- Finish: Travelodge Wellington Somerset, TA21 9AD
- 48.3 miles
- Ascent: 760 m, Descent: 702 m
- Start: Travelodge Wellington Somerset
- Finish: Travelodge Okehampton, EX20 4LY
- 47.8 miles
- Ascent: 1,475 m, Descent: 1,732 m
- Start: Travelodge Okehampton
- Finish: Travelodge St Austell, PL25 5BU
- 30.6 miles
- Ascent: 871 m, Descent: 898 m
- Start: Travelodge St Austell
- Finish: Travelodge Hayle, TR27 5DG
- 19.1 miles
- Ascent: 411 m, Descent: 357 m
- Start: Travelodge Hayle
- Finish: Lands End, TR19 7AA
- 16 nights accommodation
- Breakfast and evening meals
- Snacks and drinks on the route
- Maps and GPX downloads
- High-Viz running clothing
- Live tracking
- Bespoke finisher's medal
- Bottle of champagne
How to get there
Post Office, John o' Groats, Wick KW1 4YR, UKGet full directions
Start & Finish
All competitors must make their way to the start in John O'Groats and make their way home from the finish at Land's End.
Thurso Train Station is approximately 20 miles from the start in John O'Groats.
It is each competitors responsibility to book their own accommodation at the start at John O’Groats and after the finish at Land’s End.
Arrangements are in place with Hotels, B&B’s and Travelodges along the route for the end of Days 1 through to 16. After a long day of running you can be confident you will have a good bed and shower waiting for you. Please be aware that rooms will be shared.
Event day logistics
This event is a 17 day run from John O'Groats to Lands End, fully supported from start to finish.
Breakfast for the first few days is a full hot breakfast. On earlier start days there will be food to suit each runner, such as porridge, cereal, banana, yogurt. You will eat well, and evening meals will often be at local restaurants. (Drinks, starters and deserts are not included)
Along the route there will be checkpoints where runners will be provided with water, and soft drinks, as well as a variety of snacks such as sandwiches, malt-loaf, and other options.
You will be asked to give your food preferences and highlight any allergies that you may have. You will be burning a significant number of calories so it is important you receive food which is suitable for you. If you do have a special dietary requirement you may have to provide your own supplementary food.
Within your entry fee is a non-refundable £30.00 allowance. During the race you can ask the organiser to purchase any personal items that you need. This can be topped up if you wish to the organiser to purchase more items for you.
This is an extremely challenging event which few will be able to complete, therefore cut-off times have been set in advance. These cut-off times have been set based on a minimum average speed of 4 mph. This is for the first 10 days and if you fall behind you will be given a warning, and if the next day is also below 4 mph you will be withdrawn from the event.
The final 7 days will have some flexibility on the 4 mph limit, at the discretion of the race director. Runners will not be allowed to run after 22:00 on days 1-16.
If a competitor fails to complete any individual day, at any stage of the race, they will be out of the race, and will be transferred at the discretion of the organiser to the nearest train station or other agreed point.
Mandatory Kit List
Competitors must carry the following items:
- Backpack or equivalent
- Head Torch with spare batteries
- Maps, these will be provided prior to the days race
- Waterproof map case
- Compass or GPS device
- Mobile phone
- Basic First Aid Kit, blister treatment, pain relief etc
At John O’Groats you will be provided with Hi-Viz clothing which will consist of a showerproof jacket and six technical tops. This clothing will be branded with the Ultra Running Logo, the race name ‘JOGLE’ and your personal name.
Each competitor will be given a tracking devise which will enable individuals progress to be monitored and recorded. The tracking devices also have inbuilt SOS buttons in case of an emergency or required assistance.
View more Ultra Running events
Is my accommodation included in the price for the JOGLE?
Yes accommodation for days 1 to 16 is included.
Is the food included in the price for the JOGLE?
Yes you will receive breakfast and an evening meal, as well as snacks and drinks throughout each day.
Will I receive route maps for the JOGLE?
Yes contestants will receive maps and GPX downloads.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
Ask a question
Find out more from members of the community who did the event last year, or those signed up.
Is your question about booking your place?