Consider these instead
The ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile has been cancelled. Here are other races in your area:
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - September26th Sep, Chichester5(2)
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - December6th Dec, Chichester4(1)
- Virgin Money London Marathon3rd Oct, London4.9(48)
- Salisbury Plain Marathon/Half Marathon5th Dec, Shipton Bellinger4.7(1)
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Ultra Jurassic Coast16th Oct, Wareham
- Thames Meander Marathon & Half – Winter7th Nov, Kingston upon Thames4.2(31)
ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile routes
Start/Finish Line: By Watt's Park, above Bar Street
All races start and finish in the heart of Southampton’s city centre with the run course passing iconic local landmarks including Bargate, QE2 Anchor and St Mary’s Stadium. Sure to be the race highlight will be running both the ascent and, more popularly, the descent over the Itchen bridge, which will be closed exclusively for this unique event.
At the top of the Itchen bridge almost 100ft up, you’ll experience a feast for the eyes with the beautiful view of the city, the River Itchen, commercial centre and out to sea towards the Isle of Wight.
There are many delights on this route including running alongside the beautiful mouth of the Solent, before running through the Premier league Saints stadium, through the huge expanse of the common, then finish in front of the Guildhall in the city centre.
The Marathon route:
- 2-lapped course
- An exciting mix of coast, city and parks
- Predominantly flat course
- 5 water and energy stations
Frequently Asked Questions
ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
Meet the organiser
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile reviews (5)
4.1 out of 5 stars
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.