Atlantic Coast Ultra - 40miler
1 / 4
This 40 miler can be completed by walking, running or crawling. It's the perfect chance to pit your mental and physical prowess against some of the wildest coastlines in Britain. Starting at Fistral Beach the route follows the coast all the way to St Ives Bay. Come to earn your finisher's medal.
Sun, 9 Oct 2022
Upton Towans, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
20 to 50m elevation gain per km
Where and when
St Ives Bay Holiday Park, 73 Loggans Rd, Upton Towans, Hayle TR27 5BH, UK
Sun, 9 Oct 2022
The whole course is wild, rugged, full of steep climbs, and welcome descents. This event will test your mental and physical strength as you tackle the 40 miles from Fistral beach to St Ives bay. The course follows the South West Coast Path which is marked by the Acorn sign.
The route is well tried and tested, all runners have to do is keep the sea on the left and the land on their right.
- Finisher's Medal
- Event branded T-shirt
- Free parking at the event HQ
- GPS tracker, supplied by Geo Tracks
- Live view GPS tracking course maps
- Food and drink on the course
- Transport to the start from the event HQ
- Medical cover
- On course support and minibus pick up for retired participants
- Event briefing pack
- Hot food (can be purchased from the cafe)
How to get there
St Ives Bay Holiday Park, 73 Loggans Rd, Upton Towans, Hayle TR27 5BH, UKGet full directions
There will be free parking at the event site.
Participants will be transported to the start each day from Event HQ.
Accomodation is not included in your race entry but can be selected at the checkout.
Event day logistics
07:00 Registration at the event HQ
07:30 Event briefing
08:30 (approx.) Arrive and start
21:30 Event cutoff time
There will be checkpoints approximately every 10 miles along the route.
View more VOTWO events
Votwo Events & Adventure Ltd organise sporting events including Triathlons, Duathlons, Trail Running Challenges, Running Races, Open Water Swims, Adventure Runs, and Aquathlons. Votwo Ltd coach athletes to achieve their goals and operate the Porsche Human Performance Centre at Silverstone - a specialist sports science lab dedicated to improving the performance of motor racing drivers and endurance athletes.
What to bring
Essential kit: (to be carried on your person or in your rucksack)
- Useful numbers, checkpoint timings, and lost procedure
- Compass (make sure your compass is attached to you or your kit)
- Waterproof top
- Long trousers or tights
- Gloves (waterproofed in a plastic freezer bag)
- Hat (waterproofed in a plastic freezer bag)
- A chocolate bar or similar
- Small torch with spare batteries
- Minimum of 400ml spare water
- Issued 'bib number'
- A lightweight piece of warm clothing (waterproofed)
- A fully charged working mobile phone (waterproofed)
- A notepad and pencil with your name and your mobile number written on it (waterproofed)
You must carry all the kit on the kit list. No exceptions.
Is there parking at the Atlantic Coast Ultra?
Yes there will be free parking at Event HQ.
Is there a cut-off time for the Atlantic Coast Ultra?
All entrants must be able to complete the course by 21:30.
Is accommodation included in my entry to the Atlantic Coast Ultra?
No, accommodation is not included in your race entry but can be selected at the checkout.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.