Back 2 Black
1 / 3
Make sure you pack your head torch as this race takes place just as it gets dark. This fairly smooth surface makes it an ideal event for beginners, and with 2 kids races the whole family can get involved.
10k, 5k, 2k, and 1 more
Sat 19th Feb 2022
Long Ashton, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
<5m elevation gain per km
Where and when
Ashton Court Mansion, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, UK
Sat 19th Feb 2022
All routes follow mostly paved routes around Ashton Court, and are the perfect run for all skill levels. The course follows a 5k loop with participants in the 10k completing the loop twice.
Organiser route images
- Chip-timed results
- Feed station
- Race number
- Finisher's medal
- Prizes for category winners
- First aid
- Event caterers
How to get there
Ashton Court Mansion, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN, UKGet full directions
Ashton Court is accessed from the A369 (Clanage Road) via Kennel Lodge Road, which leads to the Mansion House car park (Pay and Display). Use postcode BS41 9JN
- X3/X4 (Bristol Bus Station, City Centre to Portishead). Get off at UWE Bower Ashton and follow Kennel Lodge Road which leads to the Ashton Court estate and mansion.
- 8 (Temple Meads, City Centre, Clifton Village to Bristol Zoo). Get off at Clifton Down Road, walk in the direction the bus has taken, turn left onto Suspension Bridge Road and follow the ’On Foot’ directions from Clifton.
- 505 (Southmead Hospital, Clifton, Hotwells to Long Ashton Park & Ride). Get off at Bower Ashton and follow the city centre ‘On Foot’ directions from Clanage Road.
The nearest mainline station is Bristol Temple Meads. From there take bus 8 as above.
From the city centre: cross the river by Brunel Way, cross the railway line and turn right into Clanage Road, then turn left into Kennel Lodge Road which leads to the Ashton Court estate and mansion.
From Clifton: cross the Clifton Suspension Bridge, follow Bridge Road, enter Ashton Court by the Clifton Lodge gate and either follow the service road or cut left through the deer park to the mansion.
Event day logistics
16**:30** Registration for 10k, 2k, & 1k opens
17:00 Registration for 5k opens
18:00 1k & 2k Kids Races Start
19:00 5k & 10k Start
All runners must be the following ages to enter each event:
- 10k - 15 and older on race day to enter
- 5k - 12 and older on race day to enter
- 2k - between 8-11 on race day to enter
- 1k - between 3-7 on race day to enter
Runners will be set off at intervals.
- Head torch with fresh batteries (and spare batteries depending on your type of torch)
- Hi-viz or brightly coloured clothing (waterproof with reflective strips also acceptable)
- Suitable running shoes (trail shoes recommended but road shoes should be OK)
- Long-fingered gloves (not compulsory)
- Hat or buff (not compulsory)
- Long-sleeved waterproof jacket (not compulsory)
View more Sportiva Events events
Organisers of triathlons, duathlons, bike & running events & open water swims in Devon & the South West. We focus on creating events to suit a wide range of ages and abilities from complete novices to elite. Our events include the Torbay Triathlons, the Dartmouth Triathlon, the Dartington Duathlon & Devon Dirt.
Will there be somewhere to park at the Back 2 Black?
Yes, there will be a pay and display car park at the event site.
Will there be a bag drop at the Back 2 Black?
There will not be a dedicated bag drop at the event.
Can my kids enter the Back 2 Black?
Yes, there will be 1k & 2k races on offer for kids between 3-11 to enter.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
You may also like
Bristol Epic Trail 10k
Sat, May 21, 2022 - Long Ashton
The Bristol 5k and 10k Winter Warmer Run
Sun, Feb 13, 2022 - Long Ashton
RunThrough Chepstow Racecourse 5k, 10k & Half Marathon - January
Sun, Jan 23, 2022 - Chepstow
RunThrough Chepstow Racecourse 5k, 10k & Half Marathon - July
Sun, Jul 10, 2022 - Chepstow
Devil's Punchbowl 10k - November
Wed, Nov 02, 2022 - Godalming