A truly special race that not only takes in many of Bath's beautiful attractions but also has the longest underground sections of any running race in the UK!
Cutting right under the city of Bath, the two tunnels offer a truly unique running experience. The Somerset & Dorset Railway closed in 1966 and until April 2013 the tunnels have been sealed and inaccessible. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of the Two Tunnels Group and Sustrans over 7 years, the two tunnels now have a new lease of life as a shared use path. The first tunnel; The Devonshire Tunnel is 408m long and the second Combe Down Tunnel is 1672m long. Both tunnels are well lit and well surfaced, and have recently been converted into a shared use path for the enjoyments of runners, walkers and cyclists looking to make the most of the city whilst remaining a flatter ground.
There are events for all the family, and if they are not taking part, bring your friends and family to cheer you on; our start and finish will be in Brickfields Park in the middle of the city. A green park complete with children's playground and table tennis table, a great spot to sit and enjoy a picnic after the race.
How to enter the Bath Two Tunnels Railway Races – February
- Run 10km
- Run 5km
- Run 1mi
- Run 0.3km
Bath Two Tunnels Railway Races – February weather forecast
You may also like
- Simplyhealth Great Bristol 10K3rd May 2020, Bristol
- The Bristol 5k and 10k Winter Warmer Run1st Feb 2020, Long Ashton
- Frome Half Marathon, 5K, 10K & Junior Race - July19th Jul 2020, Frome
- Brecon Carreg Cardiff Bay Run29th Mar 2020, Cardiff
- ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile26th Apr 2020, Southampton
- Cheltenham Running Festival - June7th Jun 2020, Cheltenham