The Eastbourne Beachy Head Marathon (previously known as the Seven Sisters Marathon) is one the biggest off-road marathons in the UK. The race gains its popularity for its beautiful yet demanding route through the South Downs National Park countryside. Great for any abilities whether it be runners, joggers or walkers. The event day also hosts a 10k run, which will set off just after the marathon with this route also full of its own breathtaking views and challenges.
How to enter the Beachy Head Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 10km
Beachy Head Marathon routes
The marathon covers a 26.2 mile course that includes 300 steps and 14 gates with a 1,318m elevation gain, passing through the picturesque Sussex villages of Jevington, Alfriston, Litlington, Friston Forest, the Cuckmere Valley and Seven Sisters, including Birling Gap and Beachy Head.
Covering a circular route starting from the same point as the Marathon with a smaller elevation gain of 215 metres, heading along the South Downs to Belle Tout Lighthouse before circling back along the stunning coastal route and ending at the start/finish line.
Beachy Head Marathon weather forecast
Dangerously windy starting in the afternoon.
Beachy Head Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Beachy Head Marathon?
You may also like
- Brighton Marathon Weekend18th Sep, Brighton4.7(34)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend16th Apr 2021, Brighton
- The Festival of Endurance at Hever Castle4th Jul, Hever Castle4(1)
- Virgin Money London Marathon3rd Oct, London4.9(48)
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K11th Sep, London4.6(4)
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - September26th Sep, Chichester5(2)