Starting on the bank of the Usk River in the market town of Brecon the Beacons 50 Ultra Marathon will take you on a journey across the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains.
In a similar fashion to our winter event, the Beacons Ultra, you will find very tough terrain, changeable weather conditions and the finest support to get you to the finish line.
The Beacons 50 is an unmarked course and we will host a free recce/navigation day leading up to the event. We welcome runners and hikers alike!
How to enter the Beacons 50 Ultra
- Run 52mi
Beacons 50 Ultra route
20 mile plus Ultra Marathon must have been completed in 2017/2018
This ultra marathon will take you on a journey across the Brecon Beacons and the Black Mountains.
The Beacons50 is an unmarked course and we will host a free recce/navigation day leading up the event. We welcome runners and hikers alike!
Athletes are chip timed and GPS tracked!
Full race support!
Beacons 50 Ultra Stats
Total mileage: 52 (ish)
Total Ascent: 3300m
Cut off time: 24 hours
CP 1: Torpantau Station 12 miles
CP 2: Forge Road, Llangynidr 20 miles
CP 3: A479 Cwmdu 32 miles
CP 4: Forge Road, Llangynidr 39 miles
Finish: Brecon 50 miles ish ;-)
Beacons 50Start Time: 8:00am
Questions & answers
- Hi I’ve run a marathon in the past year and am a confident trail runner (no actual races this year but ran the GR221 route across length of Majorca this year). Will I be ok to enter this?Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. Thats fantastic and very impressive! You will definitely be fine to enter this race :-)
Beacons 50 Ultra weather forecast
Light rain in the morning and afternoon.
Meet the organizer
Force 12 Events are ranked #97 in the UK out of 564 organizers
Beacons 50 Ultra reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Beacons 50 Ultra?
You may also like
- Blade Runner Ultra Marathon Series - Summer 20209th Jul, Brecon5(2)
- Race to the Tower18th Jul, Whiteshill4.8(6)
- Mizuno Endure24 – Reading13th Jun, Reading4.9(84)
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon12th Jul, Caernarfon4.9(4)
- Jurassic Coast Challenge16th May, Charmouth
- Gregynog Wales 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon & Ultra Road Race11th Apr, Tregynon3.8(2)