Beacons Way Ultra 100 Mile
1 / 30
This point-to-point Ultra will challenge you as you race 100 miles across the Brecon Beacons National Park. Your endurance and self-navigational skills will be tested as you ascend over 20,100 feet of elevation. Sign up to be able to tick an Ultra off of your bucket list.
6:00am Sat 22nd Jul 2023
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
The event experience
Based on location
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Abergavenny Museum, Castle St, Abergavenny NP7 5EE, UK
6:00am Sat 22nd Jul 2023
Here's what races are available for Beacons Way Ultra 100 Mile
Elevation: +6143m (+20,100ft)
Elevation: +6143m (+20,100ft)
Traverse over 20100ft (6143m) of elevation as you embrace the great outdoors on this spectacular 100-mile race. Make sure to brush up on your self-navigational skills in the lead-up to this race as this course will test you. Take this course steady as there will be climbs plenty of throughout. You will race on trails of the amazing Beacons Way featuring high points of Pen-y-Fan (the highest mountain in the Brecon Beacons) and the truly spectacular Carmarthen Fans.
There will be checkpoints throughout the race so make sure to stop, rest and refuel before heading back out.
- CP1: 7 miles - The Skirrid Mountain Inn, Llanvihangel Crucorney, Abergavenny, NP7 8DH
- CP2: 13 miles - Llanthony Treats Campsite, Honddu Cottage, Llanthony, NP7 7NN
- CP3: 26 miles - Crickhowell Village Hall, 4 Church Lane, Crickhowell, NP8 1BB
- CP4: 36 miles - Bwlch Village Hall, Bwlch, LD3 7HJ
- CP5: 45 miles - Talybont. Blaen y Glyn Uchaf car park, Talybont-on-Usk, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 2UT/LD3 7YT
- CP6: 53 miles - Storey Arms/Pont ar Daf car park, Brecon, LD3 8NL
- CP7: 59 miles - Sarn Helen car park, Blaen Ilia, Ystradfellte, Aberdare, CF44 9JD/CF44 9JG
- CP8: 65 miles - Penwyllt car park - South Wales Caving Club, A4067, Tase-Uchaf, SA9 1GQ
- CP9: 79 miles - Neuadd Llanddeusant Village Hall, Llanddeusant, Llangadog, SA19 9YB
- CP10: 87 miles - Mountain View, Mountain Road Car Park, A4069, Llangadog, SA19 9PA
- Finish: 102 miles - Llangadog Community Centre, Dyrfal Road (A4069), Llangadog, SA19 9BW
- Finisher's Beacons Way 100 Mile Buckle
- Stunning Trails across the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Optional coach transfer (added fee)
- 10 Checkpoints across the trail
- Bag drop transported to different Checkpoints
- Live Online GPS Tracking
- Race Across Brecon Beacons
- UTMB Qualifying Race
How to get there
Abergavenny Museum, Castle St, Abergavenny NP7 5EE, UKGet full directions
There is an optional coach transfer available for participants who wish to travel back to the start at the end of the race. The coach will leave at 10:00 pm on Sunday and will cost an extra £19.99.
The organisers request that you should car share wherever possible to minimise the carbon footprint of the event.
There is a long stay car park available in Abergavenny for up to 6 days at an extra cost of £19.80. These car parks are at the following locations:
- Castle Street Car Park (NP7 5EE)
- Tudor Street Car Park (NP7 5YL)
- Byefield Lane Car Park (Tudor Street NP7 5DL)
- Fairfield Car Park (11 Park Avenue, NP7 5SG)
Event day logistics
17:00-21:00 Registration at Abergavenny Castle
04:15 Registration opens
05:45 Registration closes
06:00 Race starts
08:48 Checkpoint 1 cut-off time
11:12 Checkpoint 2 cut-off time
16:24 Checkpoint 3 cut-off time
20:24 Checkpoint 4 cut-off time
00:00 Checkpoint 5 cut-off time
02:44 Checkpoint 6 cut-off time
05:36 Checkpoint 7 cut-off time
09:12 Checkpoint 8 cut-off time
13:12 Checkpoint 9 cut-off time
16:48 Checkpoint 10 cut-off time
22:00 Finish cut-off time
22:00 Optional coach back to start line leaves (+£19.99)
Race packs must be collected from registration, this will include you race number and GB Race tracker.
All entrants must be over 20 years of age or older to compete
Failure to comply with the following in the kit check will result in disqualification and you will not be able to race at any point.
- Full map only will pass kit checks, do not cut it down
- Only real compass' will pass you cannot use your phone
- A long sleeve top as a base layer
Depending on what position you finish in, you will receive a different finisher's buckle.
- Top 50 finishers: Gold 'Beacons Way Ultra 100' buckle
- 51-100 finishers: Silver 100 mile buckle
- 101+ finishers: Bronze 100 mile buckle
To be eligible to race the participant must
- Have completed a 50 mile race before
- Be able to self-navigate
- Entrants are allowed 2 drop bags along the course and 1 drop bag for the finish
- On the course, the 2 drop bags must be small in size and must be available at checkpoints 5 and 9
- Your finish line drop bag can be medium in size
- All drop bags will be transferred to your preferred location, after the checkpoints close the bags will be taken to the finish line
- All runners experiencing difficulty must inform Checkpoint Marshals
- All runners must have Race HQ mobile phone numbers stored on their phone
- Phones must only be used in emergency situations to conserve batteries
- Participants who lose time helping a fallen participant may claim back their time, subject to the Race Directors discretion
- There will be live tracking available for the event with updates on participants positions every 2 minutes.
When does the Beacons Way Ultra 100 Mile start?
The race will have a staggered start from 6:00am onwards, please arrive in plenty of time to register. The registration desk will be open from 4:15am onwards.
Will there be a coach transfer back to the start available at the Beacons Way Ultra 100 Mile?
Yes, if you would like to return back to the start to collect your car or to get closer to home, you can pay £19.99 to take the coach.
Will there be food at the checkpoints at the Beacons Way Ultra 100 Mile?
Yes, depending on what stop you stop at there will be a selection of food and drink on offer for each runner.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
You may also like
Running Event Distances
Running in London Parks