Beacons Way Ultra 100k
1 / 26
Embrace some Ultra trails in this breathtaking 100k Ultra. Including plenty of hills and thrills, make sure to embrace the awe inspiring scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Feel the crunch of the trail, beneath your feet as you count the kilometres to soak up the finisher's euphoria.
Sat, 23 Jul 2022
Talybont-on-Usk, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
20 to 50m elevation gain per km
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get $10 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
Penpentre, Talybont-on-Usk, Brecon LD3, UK
Sat, 23 Jul 2022
Embrace the great outdoors in this trail Ultra, feel the earth beneath your feet as you get back in touch with nature on this amazing challenge. You will follow the Beacons Way trail and ascend some tough climbs and technical trails. A spectacular race spanning across the Brecon Beacons!
On this self-navigational course, there will be plenty of ascents and descents throughout, so expect to feel the burn as your legs churn to the finish.
There will be plenty of checkpoints on this course which will give you the opportunity to pause, refuel and keep on grinding.
- CP1: 13 miles - Storey Arms/Pont ar Daf car park, Brecon, LD3 8NL
- CP2: 20 miles - Sarn Helen car park, Blaen Ilia, Ystradfellte, Aberdare, CF44 9JD/CF44 9JG
- CP3: 28 miles - (TBC) Glyntawe Campsite, opposite Tafarn-y-Garreg Pub, A4067, Pen-y-Cae, Swansea, SA9 1GS
- CP4: 39 miles - Neuadd Llanddeusant Village Hall, Llanddeusant, Llangadog, SA19 9YB
- CP5: 48 miles - Mountain View, Mountain Road Car Park, A4069, Llangadog, SA19 9PA
- Finish: 62 miles - Llangadog Village Hall, Dyrfal Road (A4069), Llangadog, SA19 9BW
- Finisher's Beacons Way 100km Medal
- Fantastic support at GB Ultras Checkpoints
- Taking in the highest mountain in South Wales, Pen-y-Fan and the incredible Carmarthen Fans!
- Live Online GPS tracking of each runner
- UTMB Qualifying Race
- The Race Across Brecon Beacons
- Optional coach transfer (added cost)
How to get there
Penpentre, Talybont-on-Usk, Brecon LD3, UKGet full directions
Please car share wherever possible, there is only limited car parking at the LLangadog Village Hall.
There is an optional coach transfer available from the finish line back to Talybont-on-Usk at the cost of £12.99.
Event day logistics
09:00 Registration and Kit Check opens
10:30 Registration and Kit Check closes
11:00 Beacons Way Ultra 100k starts
07:00 Finish line cut-off time
09:00 Coach transfer back to Talybont-on-Usk
Each checkpoint will have cut-off times, these times will be confirmed closer to the date of the event.
All entrants must be 20 years of age or older to enter
- Must have completed at least a marathon distance event prior to the race
- Must be in good health
- Must be able to self-navigate
- All runners experiencing difficulty must inform Checkpoint Marshals
- All runners must have Race HQ mobile phone numbers stored on their phone
- Phones must only be used in emergency situations to conserve batteries
- Participants who lose time helping a fallen participant may claim back their time, subject to the Race Directors discretion
- There will be live tracking available for the event with updates on participants positions every 2 minutes.
What to bring
Failure to comply with the following in the kit check will result in disqualification and you will not be able to race at any point.
- You must bring a full map, you will not be allowed to race if you cut it down
- Only real compass' will pass you cannot use your phone
- A long sleeve top as a base layer
- Hardcopy Ordnance Survey Explorer OL12 (Brecon Beacons)
- Waterproof coat with sealed seams minimum 10,000mm
- Base Plate Compass
- Base layer long-sleeved (Separate from Start Kit in a dry bag)
- Water bottle or bladder minimum 1-litre capacity
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Foil Blanket or Survival Bag
- Headtorch Minimum 75 Lumens
- Emergency Rations minimum 500 Calories,
- Backup Light source minimum 25 Lumens (Not your phone)
- GPS Tracker (property of GB Race Tracker - given at Race Registration)
When does the Beacons Way 100k start?
The Beacons Way 100k starts at 11:00am but please arrive early enough to register between the hours of 09:00am and 10:30am.
What kit do I need to bring with me to the Beacons Way 100k?
There is a mandatory kit list available under the Kit List section of this page, please bring all mandatory kit otherwise you will not be able to race.
What is the eligibility criteria to sign up for the Beacons Way 100k?
All entrants must be over 20 years older to compete and must have completed at least a marathon distance event prior to the race. They also must be in good health and able to self-navigate.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.