We've had the nice wide cycle track at Betteshanger Country Park officially measured so that its a now a certified road marathon course and we thought that it would be nice to have one marathon a year that is specifically aimed at those runners who aren't the quickest and can't make usual road marathon times, are intimidated by quicker road marathons or simply prefer the smaller, friendly type events rather than more competitive ones.
We want to see people achieve things. To use us as a bridge to bigger and greater things or simply to stay in the game that one year longer. To do things that they thought that they never could or could do no more. The reality is that some folk are a bit slower, a bit older, a bit less confident than others. This is their marathon. It's about as straightforward as it possibly can be, it's not easy. No marathon is easy, its always 26 miles 385 yards, it's a long way. But the Betteshanger Marathon has an aid station every 2 miles, a line painted on the track to follow if you're worried about navigation, is pretty flat and has a near perfect wide tarmac surface.
How to enter the Betteshanger Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
Betteshanger Marathon weather forecast
Light rain until evening.
Betteshanger Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Betteshanger Marathon?
You may also like
- Virgin Money London Marathon26th Apr, London
- The PodPlus Kent Spring Marathon & Half Marathon5th Apr, Charing
- Brighton Marathon Weekend19th Apr, Brighton
- Bewl Water 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon & Ultra9th May, Wadhurst
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K12th Sep, London
- Thames Meander Marathon & Half – March7th Mar, Kingston upon Thames