Distances in this event
- Run 26.2mi
From the organizer
We've had the nice wide cycle track at Betteshanger Country Park officially measured so that its a now a certified road marathon course and we thought that it would be nice to have one marathon a year that is specifically aimed at those runners who aren't the quickest and can't make usual road marathon times, are intimidated by quicker road marathons or simply prefer the smaller, friendly type events rather than more competitive ones.
We want to see people achieve things. To use us as a bridge to bigger and greater things or simply to stay in the game that one year longer. To do things that they thought that they never could or could do no more. The reality is that some folk are a bit slower, a bit older, a bit less confident than others. This is their marathon. It's about as straightforward as it possibly can be, it's not easy. No marathon is easy, its always 26 miles 385 yards, it's a long way. But the Betteshanger Marathon has an aid station every 2 miles, a line painted on the track to follow if you're worried about navigation, is pretty flat and has a near perfect wide tarmac surface.
Betteshanger Marathon weather forecast
Light rain until evening.
Betteshanger Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Betteshanger Marathon?
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
You may also like
- Virgin Money London Marathon26th Apr 2020, London4.8(178)
- The PodPlus Kent Spring Marathon & Half Marathon5th Apr 2020, Charing4.4(13)
- Brighton Marathon Weekend19th Apr 2020, Brighton4.3(127)
- Brett Owler Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K – Winter24th Nov, Kennington4.5(20)
- The Chelmsford Marathon20th Oct, Chelmsford
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - December8th Dec, Chichester