Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that comes and goes in a seasonal pattern
SAD is sometimes known as "winter depression" because the symptoms are usually more apparent and more severe during the winter.
A range of treatments are available for SAD. Your event manager will recommend the most suitable treatment program for you.
The main treatments are:
Lifestyle measures including getting as much natural sunlight as possible(Being outdoors), exercising regularly and managing your stress levels.
Light therapy where a special outdoor event will stimulate the effect of more sunny months.
Talking therapies such as entering an event and being around other S.A.D 's or counselling from your event manager who will tell you to exercise more.
How to enter the Beyond S.A.D
- Run 10km
- Run 5km
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
Beyond S.A.D weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Beyond S.A.D reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Beyond S.A.D?
You may also like
- Cancer Research UK London Winter Run9th Feb 2020, London4.6(192)
- adidas City Run: Fulham 10K17th Nov, London4.4(22)
- London Santa Run- Victoria Park8th Dec, London4.4(4)
- Victoria Park 5K, 10K & Half – March7th Mar 2020, London
- Regent's Park, Royal Parks 10k - December8th Dec, London4.8(4)
- RunThrough Olympic Park 5k & 10k - December14th Dec, London4.8(2)