The Blake Runner Ultra Marathon is a 50km race like no other. See what SAS Selection really takes as you run, climb, slide and scramble your way around the inner most depth of the Brecon Beacon Mountains. The fully marked route is not for the faint hearted. But those who succeed will be rewarded with such prestige as they cross the finish line at the infamous old red phone box, the very place former SAS men have stood tall themselves.
How to enter the Blade Runner Ultra Marathon Series – Winter
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 50kmStandard EntriesCharity Entries
Blade Runner Ultra Marathon Series – Winter route
The 50km Bladerunner marked route has it all. With old Roman roads, steep rocky hills to clamber up, trails to dart down and eerie forest paths, there is challenging terrain throughout.
There will be strategic check points throughout the route where you must sign in and be assessed before continuing. Here you can grab some much needed food and drinks to fuel up for the next section of the challenge. There will also be medical assistance on hand should you have any issues.
As the winter edition starts in early morning darkness, the beginning section of the course will have military level lighting to help you find your way. This said, head torches are still required.
As you start to wrack up a total of 2200m elevation gain across the course, you must endure one final challenge and climb Jacobs Ladder to the top of the impressive Pen y Fan Summit. Here you'll be rewarded for all your hard work standing proud at the top of the highest mountain in the Brecon Beacons and the infamous red post box.
50KStart Time: 6:30am
Questions & answers
- My hyperthyroidism is really bad at the moment and I’m struggling with severe fatigue, my training has gone down hill and I fear I won’t be able to Finnish safely I am a sole runner and do not want to be a burden to organisers or emergency services it things take a turn for the worse I’ve ran 3trail marathons this year so I know I would be fit to do it but I have had an iron infusion recommended by my specialist a few weeks ago at the hospital, it think it would be prudent of me for everyone if I pulled out of the race , how do I go about applying for a refund ? I am gutted and thought long and hard about my capabilities over the last couple of weeks Yours sincerely Johanna BrightonHi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I am so sorry to hear about this and finger's cross you are all okay soon. Do not worry as we can definitely sort a refund out for you. Please can you ping customer support an email and they will help you out - [email protected] Many thanks! :)
- Hi what are the cut off times for this event?Hi there. The cut off limit to reach the halfway point is 3 hours 15 minutes.
Blade Runner Ultra Marathon Series – Winter weather forecast
Blade Runner Ultra Marathon Series – Winter reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Blade Runner Ultra Marathon Series – Winter?
You may also like
- Race to the Tower18th Jul 2020, Whiteshill
- Mizuno Endure24 – Reading13th Jun 2020, Reading
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon12th Jul 2020, Caernarfon
- Endure24 – Wasing Park13th Jun 2020, Reading
- Stroud Trail Marathon & Half Marathon3rd May 2020, Stroud
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Snowdonia16th May 2020, Caernarfon