This event will feature sprint and standard distances. The Swim is open water, the Bike course is undulating and the Run course is on grass. Both distances include the Beds and Bucks Club Championships.
The governing body for this event is British Triathlon. This is a mass-start event. All finishing positions will be calculated based on gun time and not chip time. This is a non-draft legal race. This event is suitable for athletes of all abilities.
How to enter the Box End Lake Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.5km, Bike 36.6km, Run 10km
- Triathlon: Swim 0.75km, Bike 18.3km, Run 5.3km
Box End Lake Triathlon routes
The swim takes place in Box End Lake. The lake is primarily used for wakeboarding, so contains lots of wakeboarding jumps. The route is a 750m clock-wise oval around the lake, between the jumps.
The bike route is one 18.3km loop on quiet, yet fast roads. The roads will not be traffic-free.
The 5.3km run loop is simply fantastic! The route is completely off-road, but is very changeable, which makes for fantastic and exciting racing. There will be two water stations. One approximately 100m from transition and the next half way around the loop. On offer will also be High 5 energy gels.
Box End Lake Triathlon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Active Training World are ranked #61 in the UK out of 380 organizers
Box End Lake Triathlon reviews (5)
4.7 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- The London Triathlon8th Aug, London4.5(157)
- The UK Emergency Services Games29th Aug, Milton Keynes
- Triathlon Team Relays Bedford2nd Aug, Bedford
- Blenheim Palace Triathlon30th May, Blenheim Palace Grounds4.8(18)
- Pitsford Sprint Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquabike, Aquathlon14th Jun, Northampton4.2(2)
- Pitsford Standard Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon12th Jul, Northampton