Bring Out Your Dead 24
Fri, 9 Aug 2019
Porthpean, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Fri, 9 Aug 2019
Porthpean Outdoor Events Centre, Runners will Head out through Trenarren and onwards
towards Black Head. Here they will be “checked in”, allowing them to turn and retrace their
steps back to the centre. The total distance is just short of 5 miles, with 350m of elevation.
The coast path can be precipitous in places and you will be asked to sign a waiver when you
enter to say that you understand and accept the possible risks in taking part in an event of this
PART OF THIS EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE DARK AND EXTRA CARE MUST BE
TAKEN BY PARTICIPANTS.
Please note: you will be asked to sign a waiver when you enter to say that you have
understood the nature of the route and all other race rules and have read the event guide and
our terms and conditions.
can wear with pride all evening long, while celebrating at the event village. Participants for the
BOYD24 will also receive a high viz. competition vest which must be worn as an outer layer
during the event.
The following items must be carried by competitors at all times. Kit checks will be carried out
at registration. Additional random kit checks could be conducted on route at any time and/or
at the finish.
• Waterproof jacket (with taped seams)
• Long sleeve warm top
• Mobile phone
• Hydration system (bladder or bottles, min capacity 1 litre)
• Emergency Blanket (foil type)
• Head wear (cap or similar headwear)
• Head torch (with minimum brightness level of 100 lumens) This must be taken out on the
course at a time to be decided by the RDs, to ensure it is available when darkness falls.
• Spare battery set for Head torch
• Nutrition (gels, bars, energy food etc.)
• Special BOYD24 High visibility vest (provided free at registration – must be worn as top layer)
• Red Flashing Tail Light – must be worn during hours of darkness on the back of rucksack or
too from 4pm on Friday 9th August 2019 and will close at 6pm promptly. Participants will be
required to attend a safety briefing at 6,30pm and the race will start at 7pm sharp. The event
will continue for 24 hours, finishing at 7pm on Saturday 10th August 2019.