The Brighton 10k is one of the South East's longest running 10k road race and the oldest 10k in Brighton and Hove. Established by Brighton and Hove's Athletics Club in 1984. Olympic athlete, Chris Carter, set up the race to promote running and fitness, and to raise funds for the club and local charities. The race raises money for Brighton & Hove Athletics and other local groups supporting sport in the city.
We hope that you can join us this year!
How to enter the The Brighton 10K
- Run 10km
The Brighton 10K route
The fast, flat course is ideal for runners of all levels and is held on traffic free roads.
Whilst the front of the race may cover the 10k course in under 30 minutes (course record under 29 minutes), there are plenty of people finishing after 60, 70 or 80 minutes - there will be no judgement of your time, just admiration for you having done it.
For all those in between, the speed at the front provides an opportunity for everyone to get a good time - 36 min. runners dragged to sub 35 min, 46 min. runners to sub 45 mins and so on down the line of exhausted but happy athletes.
THE COURSE SPECIFICS
The start (and finish) line is located on Madeira Drive, approximately 500m East of the Palace Pier. The race heads west along Madeira Drive and the A259 as far as the King Alfred in Hove (3.5k). Here the course turns left down to Kings Esplanade and then onto the Prom as far as the Peace Statue (just after 5k). Here the route rejoins the A259 back to the Aquarium and onto Madeira Drive, passing the start/finish (7k) to reach a 180 degree turn at Black Rock and a 1500m sprint back to the finish.
10kStart Time: 9:30am
Questions & answers
- Can I defer or sell my place ?
- After booking are we expecting anything in the post and what should we take to the run to gain access?Hi there. Just to let you know that you will receive your race number the morning of the event. All you need to take is you and your running shoes!
- Hiya, I just wanted to double check whether this event is still going ahead in 2019? My confirmation email takes me to a webpage where it says it’s been cancelled? Has it been taken over by another organisation? Cheers!Hi there! Yes this event is still going ahead :-) best of luck!
- Is there any late entry available or can I sign up on the day?Hi there. I'm afraid not, entries are completely full for this race
- I booked for this event a few weeks ago on 10th October via active.com and received confirmation of registration and a barcode to be presented at the event. No number has been sent out to me or any other info at all. First I want to confirm I still have a place as I saw something about the event being taken over by another provider, I guess yourselves. My name is William Mitchell and I have an Reg ID of R-OYV052JJ. Please also confirm how I get my number, it was always sent in the post in the past.HI there William, thanks for getting in touch. Just to let you know that Let's Do This don't actually organise the event or even take bookings, we just help with marketing. We are pretty certain that the race is going ahead and you will be able to collect your race number the morning of the race at registration
- Hello. Like the person below, my information email tells me the event is cancelled and I've also not received my race number. The same is true of a friend. Could you please direct me?Hi there. Let's Do This don't actually organise or take bookings for this event, we just help with marketing. If you click on the following link you will be able to contact the event organiser - https://www.thebrighton10k.org/contact
- Who ought I to contact to check on my race number?Hi there. Let's do This don't actually organise the event, we just help with marketing. If you click the following link you will be able to contact the event organiser - https://www.thebrighton10k.org/contact
- Hi, do you know if there are any places available or if I can be on the reserve list due to any drop outs??Hi there. Unfortunately the race is completely sold out and we don't have a waiting list I'm afraid
- How do we track our timings? I cannot find a link on the website.Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. If you could please follow the link to find your results - https://results.sporthive.com/events/6592352123175226880 :)
- Hi both myself and my sister were Sent the wrong persons chip time. Mine was for someone called Peter! How do we find out our actual results?Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. If you could please follow the link for the results - https://results.sporthive.com/events/6592352123175226880 :)
- Hi - where can I see the results for today? Can't seem to find them anywhere, ThanksHi there. Thanks for getting in touch. If you could please follow the link to find the results - https://results.sporthive.com/events/6592352123175226880 :)
The Brighton 10K weather forecast
Overcast throughout the day.
The Brighton 10K reviews (10)
4.2 out of 5 stars
Reasons people recommend this event
You may also like
- Brighton Marathon Weekend19th Apr, Brighton4.7(34)
- The Mid Sussex Burgess Hill 10K25th May, Burgess Hill
- RunThrough Beat Box Hill 5k & 10k20th Jun, Tadworth
- ASICS London 10K5th Jul, London4.8(39)
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - April19th Apr, Chichester4.9(5)
- Running Grand Prix at Goodwood Motor Circuit- July5th Jul, Chichester