The Marathon course of 26 miles 385 yards and the Half Marathon course of 13 miles 192.5 yards is classified as a multi-terrain course, along with the 10 km race.
The Bungay Marathon and Half Marathon had measurement accuracy certificates until 2013. In 2014 both officially became multi-terrain courses. The courses therefore do not have current measurement accuracy certificates, but have Statements of Course Measurement. The surface of a path (1.7 miles long) had deteriorated to the point where measurement accuracy was no longer sufficient. The course itself has not changed. The 10 km course uses the same path and is therefore also classified as multi-terrain.
The marathon course is 2 laps of a 13.1 mile loop through the scenic Waveney Valley of Suffolk and Norfolk. The half marathon course is one lap of the same loop. The 10 km course shares parts of the same loop.
How to enter the Bungay Festival of Running
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 10kmStandard EntriesCharity Entries
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 5km
Bungay Festival of Running routes
The 10 km,half and full marathon courses use a bike/footpath for 1.7 miles.
It is a firm gritty surface suitable for normal road shoes/trainers.
- Between 11.3 and 13 miles (Half and Full Marathon)
- Between 22.6 and 26 miles (Full Marathon)
- Between 7.1 and 9.6 km (10 km course)
The finish is on a grass sports field (last 200 metres)
5 km course is on road except for the final 200 metres on a grass sports field
Questions & answers
Bungay Festival of Running weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
Bungay Festival of Running reviews
4.3 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Mud & Mayhem Thetford - Duathlon, Trail Race, Canicross15th Mar, Brandon
- Colchester Stampede 10K17th May, Colchester
- Cancer Research UK London Winter Run9th Feb, London
- Thetford Trails Winter 10K & Canicross - Race 316th Feb, Brandon
- The Clacton Half Marathon & 10K16th Aug, Clacton-on-Sea
- The Peterborough 5k and 10k Winter Warmer Run9th Feb, Peterborough