The Capernwray Sprint Triathlon Series consists of 4 events, 1 per month in June, July, August & September, each taking place on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm (6 pm in September). Each event is a 500m open water swim in Capernwray Quarry, followed by a 20k road cycle and 5k out and back run on the Lancaster Canal towpath. It's a fantastic venue for a great price, ideal for novices as a first open water event or elite competitors as a mid-week sharpener!
How to enter the Capernwray Mid Week Sprint Series – Race 1
- Triathlon: Swim 0.5km, Bike 18km, Run 5km
- Other: Swim 0.5km, Run 5km
- Swim 0.5km
Capernwray Mid Week Sprint Series – Race 1 routes
The deep water start allows you time to acclimatise and position yourself according to your ability. The clear water is beautiful to swim in, we have paddlers to support you round the 500 metre course.
Out onto the bike you have a pretty 18km bike, described as undulating but perfectly rideable on a road or MTB bike.
Finally an out and back run along the canal track gives you time to catch your breath ready to finish back at the centre.
Capernwray Mid Week Sprint Series – Race 1 weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Capernwray Mid Week Sprint Series – Race 1 reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Capernwray Mid Week Sprint Series – Race 1?
You may also like
- The London Triathlon8th Aug, London
- St. Annes Triathlon17th May, Lytham St Annes
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug, Betws-y-Coed
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun, Llanberis
- Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon12th Sep, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
- Harlech Triathlon & Duathlon5th Apr, Harlech