Chiltern Ridge Ultra Trail
1 / 7
Set in the heart of the Chiltern Hills this trail Ultra promises to provide a challenging but runnable route. There will be around 835m of elevation to keep your legs ticking over as you enjoy the fantastic scenery along The Ridgeway, Chiltern Way, and surrounding countryside.
Sat 7th May 2022
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
5 to 20m elevation gain per km
Where and when
Fuzzy's Farm, Pouchen End Ln, Hemel Hempstead HP1 2SN, UK
Sat 7th May 2022
The race starts at the events new countryside event base, Fuzzy's Farm which has direct access onto The Chiltern Way trail.
The first section of the route, to the checkpoint in Studham (11.6k), allows a fast start on friendly trails that for the most part keeps it flat, except for a short climb past Gaddesden Place at 3.5k.
From CP1 and continuing north, there is a steady climb until you reach the Dunstable Downs ridgeline and one of the best views of the day. The descent down into Eaton Bray (CP - 23k) is the longest on the course, but after a couple of flat kilometres to Ivinghoe Aston it's immediately followed by the biggest climb.
Once through the climb and at the 30k mark, the route passes the Ivinghoe Beacon viewpoint and follows what has to be the most stunning part of The Ridgeway to Aldbury, where CP3 will be found (35.6k).
Now the route climbs back into the trees to Ashridge Forest, a lovely section that takes runners through Berkhamsted Common towards the final pitstop of the day (43.6km) in Frithsden.
With the finish line in sight, there's an undulating 7k left to tackle, before returning back into Fuzzy's where a cheering crowd, cold beer and a big shiny medal will be waiting for you
- Finisher's Medal
- Chip-timed results
- Aid stations
- Medical support
- Bag drop
- Free parking
- Prizes for top finishers
- UTMB World Series Qualifier
How to get there
Fuzzy's Farm, Pouchen End Ln, Hemel Hempstead HP1 2SN, UKGet full directions
There will be free onsite parking for all at the event base.
The closest train station to the venue is Hemel Hempstead.
Event day logistics
09:00 Children Ridge Ultra Trail 50k starts
17:30 Cut-off time
All entrants must be 20 years or over to participate in this event.
Please arrive in plenty of time on the day to secure a parking space, register and warm-up.
There will be 4 aid stations along the route at the following distance markers, where you will find a range of food and drinks:
- CP1: 11.6k
- CP2: 23.1k
- CP3: 35.6k
- CP4: 43.6k
This is a cupless event so please bring your own bottle or refillable cup with you to the aid stations.
There will be prizes awarded to the top three male and female finishers, V40, V50, and the prize for a pair.
All runners must adhere to the code of conduct at all times:
- Fasten all gates behind you
- Keep to the public footpath
- Guard against all fire risks
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences hedges and walls
- Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone
- Take your litter with you
- Help keep the water clean
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees
- Take care on country roads
- Make no unnecessary noise
- Dogs are not permitted in this race
- All competitors must carry a map of the course and will be encouraged to have access to the route via GPS
- Runners are required to record a time at each checkpoint using their wristband
- Runners must carry all mandatory equipment at all times
- Runners are allowed to carry poles
- Assistance may only be provided at aid stations
- Runners must be courteous to other route users
- Competitors must not jostle at stiles or other obstacles or push past slower runners on narrow paths
- Runners must offer assistance if they come across an ill or injured competitor
- Runners must retire if a race official asks them to
- Mobile phone
- Refillable bottle / hydration system (minimum 500ml)
- Waterproof / windproof jacket
- Cash or bank card
What are the age requirements for the Chiltern Ridge Ultra Trail?
All entrants must be 20 years or older to participate in the race.
When does the Chiltern Ridge Ultra Trail start?
The race will start at 9:00am, please arrive in plenty of time to warm-up and get registered.
Is there parking available at the Chiltern Ridge Ultra Trail?
Yes, there will be plenty of free parking available at the event base.
When can I find the Chiltern Ridge Ultra Trail results?
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
You may also like
Maverick Adidas Terrex X-Series Chilterns
Sat, Jul 09, 2022 - Wendover
Running Tribe Series - Race 2, Course 2
Sat, Feb 26, 2022 - Chalfont Saint Peter
Running Tribe Series - Race 3, Course 3
Sat, Mar 26, 2022 - Chalfont Saint Peter
Running Tribe Series - Race 4, Course 1
Sat, Apr 30, 2022 - Chalfont Saint Peter
Boudicca Way Guided Ultra - Summer Edition
Sat, Sep 10, 2022 - Diss