f you are looking for a marathon which is off road, picturesque and challenging then running the Clarendon is the ultimate. Our route takes you from Salisbury to Winchester along the ancient Clarendon Way with a few extra turns here and there to make up a full 26.2 miles. More than 90% is off road, with the trail following country tracks and paths - many of which have not changed since being travelled by the ancient Kings and Queens of England.
In addition to the full marathon distance, we also have a half marathon event and this year we are also introducing a mini run of just 5 miles. If you want to join us but are not able to run the full course, please feel welcome to get a team of 4 together and run in a relay or enter the mini and run in with us for the last 5 miles.
How to enter the Clarendon Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 5mi
Clarendon Marathon routes
Our route takes you from Salisbury to Winchester along the ancient Clarendon Way with a few extra turns here and there to make up a full 26.2 miles. More than 90% is off road, with the trail following country tracks and paths – many of which have not changed since being travelled by the ancient Kings and Queens of England.
Questions & answers
- Hi is there a cut off time for the marathon ?Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. Runners need to have finished the Full Marathon by 4:00pm. The Full marathon runners should aim to reach the half way point after 2hrs:45mins. The Full Marathon starts at 10:30am, however, if you are looking to walk or jog very slowly then you can start the Marathon from Wyvern School at 8:00am or 9:30am. Participants starting at 9:30am should only do so if they are likely to need more than 5 hours to complete the course. If you are a fast runner then please start at 10:30am!! :)
Clarendon Marathon weather forecast
Possible light rain in the morning.
Clarendon Marathon reviews (2)
4.7 out of 5 stars
Reasons people recommend this event
You may also like
- ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile26th Apr 2020, Southampton
- New Forest Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k & 5k13th Sep 2020, Brockenhurst
- Virgin Money London Marathon26th Apr 2020, London
- Brighton Marathon Weekend19th Apr 2020, Brighton
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - April19th Apr 2020, Chichester
- RunThrough Goodwood Motor Circuit Grand Prix - December8th Dec, Chichester