Unique in the UK and probably the World, the Craggy Island Triathlon will have you swimming across the sound from the mainland to an island to start your race. How cool is that?
The island in this case is the rugged spectacular and completely unspoilt Isle of Kerrera, just off the West coast of Scotland near the busy town and harbour of Oban.
The race is entirely off-road (there are no roads on the island, so there’s not much choice about that!), and will take you from sea level to the highest point of the island with spectacular views across the Firth of Lorne and Sound of Mull.
Craggy Island Triathlon is a fundraiser for the Oban Mountain Rescue Team.
The race will provide a warm (well, we can’t promise the water will be warm!) and welcome environment for newbies and triathlon beginners, as well as a tough off-road challenge for those who fancy their chances at the head of the field.
It’s definitely not one for the faint-hearted!
Craggy Island Triathlon weather forecast
Craggy Island Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Craggy Island Triathlon?
You may also like
- The London Triathlon7th Aug, London4.5(157)
- The Ben Nevis Braveheart Triathlon18th Sep, Fort William
- Fleetwood Triathlon12th Sep, Fleetwood3.5(2)
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events25th Sep, Llanberis5(1)
- West Lancashire Summer Triathlon29th Aug, Ormskirk4.3(1)
- Superfeet Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon11th Sep, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.