CrossduroScotland... a free 330km self-supported gravel bikepacking race from Inverness to Glasgow run on the first weekend in September each year.
The event is run in enduro format i.e. 5 timed Strava segments, lowest aggregate time wins.
This is the first time the event has been run and is not commercial in nature. The Racing Collective is a new cycling club dedicated to self-supported racing in the UK, run by a few volunteers on an ad hoc basis. You are entirely responsible for your own actions, there will be no support, only turn-up on the start line if you are comfortable with this.
How to enter the CrossduroScotland17 – #XDS17
- Bike 330km
CrossduroScotland17 – #XDS17 route
330km, 5500m ascent, 2 day self-supported gravel race.
- Start: Sat 1 September 2018, 9am Inverness Castle
- End: Sun 2 September 2018, 8pm Drygate Bar & Kitchen in Glasgow
- Breakfast debrief: Mon 3 September 2018, 10am at the Trans-Europe Café
- The route is 330km long with 5,500m of ascent, mostly off-road (>90% of the distance), to be ridden in two days.
- You will most likely ride some of this route in the dark so front and rear lights are obligatory
- This route is rough so at least 40mm tyres are recommended but of course you can do whatever you want.
- There are 5 timed segments over the 2 days designed to test riders’ strength, bike handling, and determination on a variety of surfaces over mixed terrain
CrossduroScotland17 – #XDS17 weather forecast
Possible drizzle in the morning.
CrossduroScotland17 – #XDS17 reviews (3)
4.7 out of 5 stars