The Cumbria Way Ultra is a fully waymarked 73 mile trail ultra race which passes through the varied terrain of the beautiful Lake District, giving over 10,000 feet of ascent. The route follows the iconic trail which was first devised in the 1970s by local members of the Ramblers. The Cumbria Way Ultra provides a relatively low-level crossing of the Lake District National Park, following tracks and paths along valleys and over passes in the midst of stunning and varied scenery. It passes Coniston Water, Tarn Hows and Dungeon Ghyll and crosses Stake Pass to Borrowdale, Derwent Water and Keswick. The route continues to Caldbeck passing Skiddaw House and over High Pike, the highest point on the trail. It then follows the Caldew valley to Carlisle.
How to enter the Cumbria Way Ultra & Ultra 30
- Run 30mi
- Run 73mi
Cumbria Way Ultra & Ultra 30 weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organiserOrganizer's website
Cumbria Way Ultra & Ultra 30 reviews
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon10th Jul 2021, Caernarfon4.9(4)
- White Rose Ultra6th Nov, Huddersfield4.5(2)
- Hell of A Hill Marathon 5 Day Challenge11th Nov, Heath Charnock5(4)
- The Drop Huddersfield28th Dec, Huddersfield
- Tollymore Trail Marathon Events14th Nov, Newcastle4.6(11)
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K15th May 2021, Naseby
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.