Cycle Derby Sportive
1 / 12
Take on the Cycle Derbyshire Sportive to embrace the amazing scenery of South Derbyshire and Staffordshire. Offering bike rides for all abilities, from 40k to 160k, there is plenty of opportunity for new and seasoned veterans to challenge themselves. Come to explore the great outdoors.
80k, 40k, and 160k
Sun, 10 Apr 2022
Derby, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location and reviews
5 to 20m elevation gain per km
Where and when
Markeaton Park, Markeaton Ln, Derby DE22 4AA, UK
Sun, 10 Apr 2022
Take on this fantastic Cycle Derby Sportive challenge covering three distances over South Derbyshire and Staffordshire. Take in the amazing scenery as you cycle along open roads. There will be a 40k, 80k or a whopping 160k race to take part in, which will be undulating throughout. Come for a great weekend challenge.
- Feed stations
- Official Race photography
- Fully-marked route
How to get there
Markeaton Park, Markeaton Ln, Derby DE22 4AA, UKGet full directions
There will be onsite parking available for participants to use
Event day logistics
07:30 160k starts
08:20 80k starts
09:40 40k starts
16:30 160k cut-off time
- 160k: 8hrs 30mins
- 80k: 5hrs
- 40k: 3hrs
- All children under the age of 15 must ride accompanied throughout the ride by a responsible adult, who has also registered to take part in the event.
- 40k: You must be 14 years of age or older to be able to participate in the 40k route
- 80k: You must be 14 or over to participate in the 80k route
- 160k: You must be 17 or over to participate in the 160k route
The organiser will be providing standards for the 160k and 80k rides, they are as follows:
- Platinum: Sub 4:45 (160k)
- Gold: 4:45 - 5:15 (160k), Sub 2:30 (80k)
- Silver: 5:16 - 6:30 (160k), 2:31 - 3:15 (80k)
- Bronze: 6:31+ (160k), 3:16+ (80k)
There will be feed stations at the following points along the course:
- 29k: 1 Tutbury Village Hall (80k + 160K)
- 93k: Gentleshaw Primary School, Staffs, (160k route only)
- Rosliston Village Hall (80k @50k point) (160k @130k point)
- You must obey all highway code rules. You must ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time
- Do not pass any red traffic lights. Failure to comply with the rule will result in disqualification
- It is mandatory to wear a safety-approved helmet complying with ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standard
- Any riders not wearing a helmet will not be covered by the event insurance and will be disqualified from the event
- You are responsible for the roadworthiness of your bike
- Tri bars/aero bars are allowed under a sensible use policy, they may not be used in group riding, heavy traffic, or whilst approaching road junctions. It is also recommended not to use them in solo situations. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in disqualification
- It is the responsibility of each participant to take the correct route and it is recommended that cyclists take a printed version and/or add it to their cycling computer
- You may not deviate from the official route, failure to comply with the rule will result in disqualification
- You may not ride whilst using your mobile phone, you must stop at the side of the road if you need to make or receive a call
- The organisers reserve the right to terminate any individual's ride on health and safety grounds
- The ride will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, rerouted or stopped for safety reasons
- All participants to carry a form of identification showing their name, address and/or contact details of a person to be advised in the eventually of an accident
- No participant may take food or drink from anyone whilst on the move. If you need food or drink you must stop to receive it
- Mobile support vehicles in the form of cars or motorbikes are strictly forbidden and will lead to disqualification
- You may receive support from stationary vehicles any such vehicle must not interfere with the progress of other riders
- Ensure you are physically fit to undertake this challenge
What to bring
- Suitable wet weather gear
- 2 drink bottles
- Energy bar or similar snack
- Spare inner tubes
- Working pump
- Mobile phone
- Small amount of money
- Extra clothing to complete the ride
How old do I have to be to enter the Cycle Derby Sportive?
You must be 14 years of age or older to be able to participate in the 40k route.14 or over to participate in the 80k route. You must be 17 or over to participate in the 160k route.
Will there be parking available at the Cycle Derby Sportive?
Yes, there will be on-site parking available for entries to use.
What are the cut-off times for the Cycle Derby Sportive?
These are the following cut-off times for the Cycle Derby Sportive - 160k: 8hrs 30mins, 80k: 5hrs, 40k: 3hrs.
Great local friendly event
Did the 160k in 2022