With great success from lasts year inaugural Dark Peaks 30 Ultra Trail, and some fantastic feedback from competitors.
Being described by the elite field of runners as one of the best but hardest 30 mile ultras they have ever raced and truly a classic in the making. We where excited to bring this event back!!!
How to enter the Dark Peaks 30 Ultra Trail
- Run 30mi
Dark Peaks 30 Ultra Trail route
Starting from the village of Hope, This Ultra will take you into the heart of the Peak District national park, where the total elevation will be well over 7000ft!!
Starting off on the iconic Pennine way you will soon be greeted with some brutal climbs, high ridgelines and fast technical descending, with the time of year and the nature of this course this one will surely push you to your limits!!
There are various checkpoints on route that you must check into.
Stanage Carpark 8KM
- Water only
Bottom of Parkin Clough 24KM
- Food, water, coke, mountain fuel
- Food and water
UltramarathonStart Time: 9:00am
Questions & answers
- Is it self navigationHi there. Thanks for getting in touch. This event is self navigation and you will need to bring a compass with you. There are 3 checkpoints on the route that you must check into. These checkpoints have aid stations with food, energy drinks and water! :)
- Is the route marked?Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. The Dark Peaks 30 Ultra Trail is a self-navigation race. The only parts of the route that will be marked are the major road junctions. Fully waterproof maps will be handed out at the start! :)
Dark Peaks 30 Ultra Trail weather forecast
Light rain in the evening and overnight.
Meet the organizer
Peak Runners are ranked #53 in the UK out of 559 organizers
Dark Peaks 30 Ultra Trail reviews
Reasons people recommend this event
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Dark Peaks 30 Ultra Trail?
You may also like
- Mizuno Endure24 – Leeds4th Jul, Wetherby
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Ultra Peak District18th Jul, Bakewell
- The Oldham Way – Red Rose Ultra18th Apr, Delph
- Time2Run Wirral 24 Hour Run15th Aug, Thurstaston
- The Northants 'Shires and Spires Event' - Ultra 35, Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K16th May, Naseby
- Chester Ultra29th Feb, Waverton