See any improvements? Be the first to make this page better.
How to enter the Dartmoor Volcano Race
- Run 10.25mi
Dartmoor Volcano Race route
The course totals 10.25 miles and has a total climb of almost 500 metres. As such, this event will provide a formidable challenge.
Throughout the run, participants will visit South Dartmoor's highest point - Ryder's Hill - and enjoy extensive Dartmoor views while crossing a number of rivers and bogs. Don't forget the ascent of the notorious Red Lake Volcano as well.
There is a cut-off of around 3 hours and marshals/sweepers will be out to make sure all the runners are faring well.
A detailed plan of what the race includes can be found here:
3 river crossings
1 Clapper Bridge crossing
1 Volcano ascent
1 long uphill start
1 long downhill finish
Dartmoor VolcanoStart Time: 11:00am
Frequently Asked Questions
Dartmoor Volcano Race weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Meet the organiser
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
Dartmoor Volcano Race reviews
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Great South Run16th Oct, Portsmouth4.9(50)
- The PB Breaker Half & 16km3rd Oct, Glastonbury
- Liverpool Half Marathon & 10 Mile21st Mar 2021, Liverpool4.2(3)
- Draycote Water November - 10k & 10 Mile5th Nov, Kites Hardwick4.1(6)
- The Wendover Woods Autumn Festival of Running21st Nov, Aylesbury4.7(13)
- RunThrough Lee Valley VeloPark – November28th Nov, London4.6(5)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.