Dartmoor Way 100 & Granite 50
1 / 8
£88 - £172
The aim for this event is to be the most challenging and adventurous way to circumnavigate the Moor within a 100 mile event - and trust us, it's not for the faint hearted. The Dartmoor Way 100 is a two day event and will explore as many typically Dartmoor and not-to-be-missed places as possible, a landscape dotted with picture postcard villages steeped in myths and legend.
Dartmoor Way 100 and Dartmoor Way Granite 50
12:00pm Fri 10th Nov 2023 - 7:00am Sat 11th Nov 2023
Okehampton, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
Official booking partner
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
The event experience
Based on location
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
OCRA, Pavilion in the PArk, Mill Rd, Okehampton EX20 1GE, UK
12:00pm Fri 10th Nov 2023
Dartmoor Way 100:12:00pm
7:00am Sat 11th Nov 2023
Dartmoor Way Granite 50:7:00am
Here are the distances available for Dartmoor Way 100 & Granite 50
Dartmoor Way 100
£170 - £172
Dartmoor Way Granite 50
£88 - £90
The Dartmoor Way 100, the ‘The Full Circle‘ is the first complete circumnavigation of Dartmoor ever to have taken place as an official race event. You can choose to take part in the full 100miles over the two days or opt for the Dartmoor Way Granite 50, which will take place on the 11th. The Race will follow the freshly waymarked Dartmoor Way walking route.
The Route skirts the periphery of the whole of the northern and southern sections of the Moor, taking in many wild and ancient tracks and trails. The route also includes the more well-known landmarks, and many of the idyllic moorland villages, following woodland and riverside trails, green lanes and quiet country lanes.
34 Hours is the maximum time allowed to complete the race. It may seem generous, but don’t be fooled, there is over 4000m of ascent to contend with, over sometimes rocky, tussocky, boggy, typical Dartmoor terrain. The event is taking place in late Autumn and as such the weather can be unpredictable with cold and rain, possibly snow. The conditions can be harsh at times, and there will be a night section to contend with. We expect the first runners to be back in Okehampton in around 23 hours, but we think most runners will take 26-32 hours to complete.
There are 6 indoor checkpoints along the way, offering hot food and refreshments on the Dartmoor Way 100 and 3 checkpoints on the Dartmoor Way 50. Checkpoints as follows :
1. Peter Tavy Village hall
2. Yelverton Church Hall
3. Cornwood Village Hall
4. Buckfast Community Hall
5. Manaton Village Hall
6. Chagford Jubilee Hall
The Dartmoor Way Granite 50 follows the eastern 51 miles of the Dartmoor Way Full Circle route, from Scoriton to Okehampton. There is a 15 hours time limit for this race.
- A professionally run OuterEdgeEvent (Event Managing for over 6 years) with full support, on and off-course from the highly experienced OuterEdge Crew with professional Medical Services supplied by TEAMSS.
- Food and drink at every Checkpoint – (more detail nearer to Raceday).
- GPS tracker for Dartmoor Way 100 and 50 competitors
- GPX file to follow route electronically
- Quality bespoke finishers medal
- Bespoke Dartmoor-hewn granite trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd male and female finishers.
- Professional Medical support by doctors and paramedics from TEAMSS.
- Changing and showering facilities available throughout the weekend free of charge.
- Parking included for the weekend.
- Bar facilities and hot food available all weekend.
How to get there
OCRA, Pavilion in the PArk, Mill Rd, Okehampton EX20 1GE, UKGet full directions
There will be free parking available all weekend. Further instructions will be communicated with runners in the lead up to race day.
Event day logistics
08:00 Runners to start arriving at OCRA Pavillion
09:30 Breakfast starts
10:00 - 11:30 Registration - bib numbers and GPS trackers will be allocated. Kit check will be performed
11:30 Mandatory race briefing
12:00 Dartmoor Way 100 starts
05:10 Bus transfer to race start at Scoriton
06.45 Race briefing for Dartmoor Way Granite 50 at Scoriton Village Hall
07.00 Start of the Dartmoor Way Granite 50
All runners must be aged 20 or older on race day.
- You must have the experience, or intend to gain the experience, of night navigational skills. This refers, in particular, to the final few hours of the event.
- You must have completed a Trail marathon between 1st January 2023 and 30th September 2023.
- Your entry is not confirmed until the above information is verified. If the organisers feel that experience is lacking, your entry fee will be refunded, minus a small administration charge.
Dartmoor Way 100
- The 100-mile event is for experienced Ultra runners ONLY. To be accepted in the 100 mile event you need to have completed a minimum 50 mile finish within the required time limits between 1st January 2022 and 30th September 2023.
- We reserve the right to refuse anybody’s entry who does not meet this standard. Unqualified runners may enter but should they not complete a qualifier within the required time period, they will not be permitted to start.
- Your entry is not confirmed until the above information is verified. If the organisers feel that experience is lacking, your entry fee will be refunded, minus a small administration charge. You will be offered a Dartmoor Way 50-mile entry if a place is available and will require proof a Trail marathon having been completed.
- You must be able to navigate the route given and have the experience, or intend to gain the experience, of night navigational skills.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
You may also like
Dartmoor Traverse (Race With No Name)
Fri, 14 Apr 2023 - Drewsteignton
Hope Trail Festival
Thu, 06 Jul 2023 - Plymouth
The Dartmoor Way 100k Circular
Sat, 09 Dec 2023 - Filham
Tsunami Ocean Trails
Thu, 15 Jun 2023 - The Wharf
The Maverick Adidas Terrex X-Series Exmoor 2023
Fri, 05 May 2023 - Lynton
Running Event Distances
Running in London Parks
£88 - £172