The race starts in Leighton Buzzard and follows the canal towpath north to Stoke Hammond with stunning views, climbs through beautiful countryside to Great Brickhill, then passes through the scenic Stockgrove Country Park before following the Greensand Ridge back to the start via the canal towpath. 2016 will see the 7th staging of this popular trail race which sells out every year.
How to enter the Dirt Half Marathon Challenge
- Run 13.1mi
Dirt Half Marathon Challenge route
The race starts with a lap of the field before entering Tiddenfoot Waterside Park and joining the canal towpath via the green bridge. You then head north on the towpath to Stoke Hammond with stunning views. The race turns right and climbs through beautiful countryside to Great Brickhill then passes through the scenic Stockgrove Country Park before following the Greensand Ridge back to the start via the canal towpath. There is a lap of Tiddenfoot Waterside Park before finishing in the paddock next to the school grounds. The race is predominantly off road and crosses three minor roads. The route is sign posted and marshaled.
Half MarathonStart Time: 10:00am
Dirt Half Marathon Challenge weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Dirt Half Marathon Challenge reviews (5)
4.4 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Royal Parks Half Marathon10th Oct, London4.6(23)
- Virgin Money London Marathon3rd Oct, London4.9(48)
- Fun Colour Rush Northampton25th Jul, Northampton5(2)
- Hertfordshire Half Marathon22nd Nov, Stevenage4.6(7)
- Milton Keynes Winter Half Marathon13th Dec, Milton Keynes4(5)
- Richmond Runfest Half Marathon, Marathon, and 10K11th Sep, London4.6(4)