Donner Lake Sprint and Kids Triathlon
1 / 2
Results & Photos
With a range of distances and formats available, this weekend is a true multi-sport festival. Set in the stunning surroundings of Truckee, athletes benefit from a lake swim, a scenic bike course, and a flat and fast run. Anyone who finishes will have earned the post-race festivities.
Sprint Triathlon and Kids Triathlon
7:00am Sat 23rd Jul 2022 - 9:15am Sat 23rd Jul 2022
Truckee, United States
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
Best price guarantee
We're #1 in customer satisfaction
The event experience
Based on the number of participants
Based on location
Invite friends, earn credit
After booking your event, invite your friends to join you and you'll get £5 credit if they make it their first Let's Do This booking.
Where and when
West End Beach, 15888 S Shore Dr, Truckee, CA 96161, USA
7:00am Sat 23rd Jul 2022
9:15am Sat 23rd Jul 2022
Here are the distances available for Donner Lake Sprint and Kids Triathlon
- Swim: 0.25 mile counter-clockwise lap of Donner Lake. Average water temperature = 64-69 degrees. Wetsuits are optional.
- Bike: 6 mile route, out-and-back course on paved Old Highway 40. You head out 3 miles up Donner Summit until you turn at rainbow Bridge and head back. Total elevation gain 975ft. There is no supply station on the course, so athletes should bring their own full water bottle.
- Transition: you must follow the foot down bike stop protocol, where you rest one of your feet on the ground on a designated spot for 3 seconds. If you to not obey this, you will be disqualified.
- Run: 2 mile, out-and-back course on South Shore Drive. There will be 2 supply stations on the course.
- Swim: The swim courses are all near-shore. Average water temperature = 64-69 degrees. Wetsuits are optional.
- Bike: Taking place on South Shore Drive, there are designated turning points for each age group.
- Transition: there is a designated space to get on and off your bikes in the transition area.
- Run: out-and-back course on South Shore Drive.
- BBQ Lunch with beverages
- Official T-shirts or hat from the events
- Beer for participants aged 21+
- Professional timing equipment
- Access to onsite medical staff if necessary
- A finisher's medal
- Awards for the top three men and women in each 5-year adult age group
- Aid Stations
How to get there
West End Beach, 15888 S Shore Dr, Truckee, CA 96161, USAGet full directions
Take exit 180 off of I-80 to reach the event.
There will be parking available at the event.
Event day logistics
5pm Packet pick-up and registration for Sprint and Kids Triathlon opens
5:30pm Swimming clinic
7pm Packet pick-up and registration for Sprint and Kids Triathlon closes
5:45am Sprint Transition Area opens
6:50am Sprint Transition Area closes
7am Sprint triathlon starts
7:45am Sprint race first finishers
8am Expo Opens
8:30am Packet pick-up and registration for Kids Races opens
8:30am Kids Transition Area opens
9:15am Kids 11-12yo race starts
9:30am Kids 9-10yo race starts
9:45am Kids 7-8yo race starts
10am Kids 6 & Under race starts
10am Packet pick-up and registration for Kids Races closes
10:45am Kids Races finish
10:45am Prize-giving for Sprint and Kids Races
14pm Check-in and registration for Sunday races opens
16pm Pre-race briefing and athlete meeting for Sunday races
16pm Expo Closes
17pm Check-in and registration for Sunday races closes
5:45am Transition area opens
6:50am Transition area closes
7am Half Tri/Aquabike starts
7:10am Olympic Tri/Aquabike/Aquathlon starts
7:20am Duathlon starts
8am Alpine fresh water swim starts
8am Expo Opens
8:15am Cut-off time for swim section (1hrs10mins after final Half-distance wave)
9:25am First Olympic-distance finishers predicted
10:30am Prize-giving for Alpine fresh water swim
11am Prize-giving for Olympic-distance events
11:30am First Half-distance finishers predicted
12am Live music starts
12:50am Cut-off time for bike section (5hrs30mins)
13:50am Cut-off for first lap of run (6hrs30mins)
14am Live music finishes
14:30am Prize-giving for Half-distance events
15:50am Cut-off time for finishing run section (8hrs30mins) Race finishes
16am Expo Closes
Can I wear headphones at the Donner Lake Sprint and Kids Triathlon?
It is not encouraged to wear headphones, both for your own personal enjoyment of the race and for the safety of your fellow runners. Running without headphones will allow you to appreciate the race environment, build camaraderie with other runners, and hear instructions and encouragement from volunteers.
Are dogs allowed at the Donner Lake Sprint and Kids Triathlon?
No dogs are allowed on the course. In the venue area, dogs are permitted but should be kept on a leash at all times.
Can I purchase tickets on the day of the Donner Lake Sprint and Kids Triathlon?
If the event has not already sold out, tickets can be purchased on the day.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.
Results & Photos