Mums, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Grandparents, Grandchildren, Aunts and Uncles... each member of the family will take the baton for their leg of the race and together you'll clock up 26.2 miles.
You can break up the marathon however you like - keen runners can take on a half marathon, walkers might choose a couple of miles - and maybe your family toddler can take on the final 0.2 over the finish line? Each competitor can race multiple times over the weekend.
Remember, for each leg the runner should record their run and upload their results (or have someone do it for them) back on this page. Each time a new run is submitted it will be added to your total distance.
This is an opportunity to come together (physically or virtually) wherever you are in the world, and do something active together. Only the team captain needs to sign up for his or her family. And of course, work family, family friends, friends-that-are-family etc are all very welcome - we won't be conducting pre-race blood tests to make sure that your team's related.
We will be awarding two prizes. One for the fastest family marathon. And the second for the best photo collage of your family's marathon submitted with your final leg.
After the event, you'll receive 5 inter-connecting medals - one for each member of the team.
So go out, recruit your team and let's run a family marathon!
The Secret London Run's Rainbow buff can be purchased as an additional add-on for all the team.
How to complete the total distance
Complete the total distance anywhere you like, in as many sections as you like.
Simply record your activities and submit your results as you go. Each time you submit a result, the distance you've done will be added to your overall total distance.
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Download a distance tracking app
- Before heading out for each activity, ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged, and make sure you have a safe route planned.
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Take a photo to share with your fellow participants
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your results
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide the distance and time you completedEvery time you submit a result, the distance will get added to your total distance for the challenge.
- Share your photo and celebrate your progress with the community