The Erewash Triathlon is one of the biggest and most popular events on the sport and health calendar in Erewash. The event is set at West Park in Long Eaton with competitors from across the country and beyond.
How to enter the Erewash Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.4km, Bike 16km, Run 5km
Erewash Triathlon route
400M POOL SWIM
- 16 LENGTHS OF THE WEST PARK LEISURE CENTRE SWIMMING POOL.
- You will be allocated a swim start based on our estimated swim time for 16 lengths (400m).
- Athletes will be started at intervals to avoid overcrowding.
- Your lengths will be counted for you.
- After completing the full distance exit the pool safely and make your way to transition.
It is participants responsibility to be safe and follow the Highway Code, instructions of the race marshals and be aware of any pedestrians, traffic or crossings that you come across whilst on the route. Failure to do so could result in disqualification from the race. It is compulsory that all participants wear an approved cycle helmet during this discipline. (For those new to triathlon this means fastening your helmet securely on your head before removing your bike from the bike racking and not undoing the helmet until after you have returned your bike to the racking after the cycle leg is completed).
Distance (aprox. km) Description of Route
120m Right on roundabout onto B6002 exiting from WPLC.
Short section closed to traffic - but please still be alert to possible traffic
725m Straight over at Wilsthorpe roundabout on B6002
1.5km Left turn off B6002 onto Longmoor Lane towards Breaston
2.8km Right turn at crossroads at Navigation Inn, Risley Lane, Breaston
4.6km Left turn onto B5010 Derby Road at Risley (near Risley Park Inn)
8.85km Left turn at Shacklecross ‘T’ junction, Borrowash onto A6005
14.5km Right turn at Wilsthorpe roundabout onto B6002 (take right hand lane). Note sharp right on island – slow down!
15.5km Left on roundabout off B6002 into WPLC car park.
15.75km Entering transition area
- The Run Route covers the pathways of West Park over 1 large lap and one slightly shorter lap.
- After leaving the grassed area adjacent to transition the surface is solid and flat throughout making for a fast final leg.
- A Drink station will be located around 500m into the run which will also be passed at around 2.75km. Please dispose of any litter responsibly using the allocated bins.
- The finish line is adjacent to transition so, once you are finished, please do respect those who are still racing and keep clear of the transition exits/entrances.
- Once transition re-opens for the collection of bikes and kit please do be aware of others who may still be racing.
Erewash Triathlon weather forecast
Possible drizzle overnight.
Erewash Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Erewash Triathlon?
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.