How to enter the Gateshead Half Marathon
- Run 13.1mi
Gateshead Half Marathon route
Beginning on the Felling By-Pass, a short walk from the Event Village in Gateshead International Stadium, this chip-timed closed road half marathon will take you along the scenic River Tyne, past iconic landmarks such as the Gateshead Millennium Bridge, Sage Gateshead, BALTIC Centre For Contemporary Arts, Tyne Bridge and past the historic Swing Bridge. The course will then turn back, giving you a chance to see these landmarks from a different perspective. You will cross the finish line after running a lap of the Gateshead International Stadium track to the deafening cheers of your family and friends, a finish line that has previously seen 2 world record times run across it.
The course is fully-closed and professionally measured and marked, allowing you to concentrate on giving your best and enjoying the view along the flat and fast route.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
Gateshead Half Marathon weather forecast
Meet the organizer
RunThrough are ranked #12 in the UK out of 275 organizers
Gateshead Half Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Gateshead Half Marathon?
You may also like
- The SimplyHealth Great North Run12th Sep, Newcastle upon Tyne4.9(50)
- Hamsterley Beast Half Marathon & 10k10th Oct, Hamster, Redford
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon - October17th Oct, Hamster, Redford5(1)
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon - February6th Feb 2021, Hamster, Redford
- Bank of Scotland Great Scottish Run3rd Oct, Glasgow4.8(35)
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Clappersgate