Our evening event is a multi-lap race around the undulating grounds of Gibside. There is a strict 5-hour time limit to ensure all runners complete the race before darkness falls. Start time is 5:00 pm.
Footpaths range from the tarmac, hardcore, and trail. There are a feed stations on each lap providing water, juice, and sweets. Toilets are located by the Potting Shed Cafe and beer garden (which remains open for spectators) and the start is at Green Close on the Avenue.
How to enter the Gibside Marathon
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 12h
- Run 24h
Gibside Marathon routes
Footpaths range from tarmac, hardcore and trail. There is a feed station on each lap providing water, juice and sweets. Toilets are located by the Potting Shed Cafe and beer garden and the start is at Green Close on the Avenue.
Gibside is a country estate, set amongthe peaks and slopes of the Derwent Valley. Gibside was previously owned by the Bowes-Lyon family. The run passes the main house on the estate which is now a shell, and also takes in the chapel, stables, walled garden and Banqueting House. You have chance to run through the West Woods, Snipe's Dene, past the Octagon pond and past the ruins of Gibside Hall.
Gibside Marathon weather forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day.
Gibside Marathon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Gibside Marathon?
You may also like
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Clappersgate
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon - February6th Feb 2021, Hamster, Redford
- Manchester Marathon9th Oct 2021, Stretford4.5(20)
- Ladybower Trail Marathon11th Jun 2021, Hope Valley5(3)
- Strathclyde Loch Marathon, Half & Fun Run22nd Nov, Bellshill4.4(3)
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon10th Jul 2021, Caernarfon4.9(4)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.