How to enter the Glencoe Marathon Gathering
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 13.1mi
Glencoe Marathon Gathering routes
Glencoe Marathon Route:
Kicking-off from the foot of Ben Nevis, the course gradually ascends through the South West of the Mamores Mountains until the first descent to Kinlochleven. As you make your way out of Kinlochleven there will be another steep climb up the Aonoach Eagach ridge.
At this point, the route tracks down the iconic Devil's Staircase and into Glencoe - site of the infamous Glencoe massacre in 1692. As you make your way through the valley you will see the towering Three Sisters to your left and the Aonach Eagach Ridge to your right.
The final stages will take athletes passed Loch Achtriochtan before speeding onto the outskirts of Glencoe Village for the finish.
The half marathon will begin in Kinlochleven and tracks the same route as the second half of the marathon, with a stunning Glencoe finish line.
Waterstop 1: 9.3km and 395m climb
Kinlochleven (Halfway): A further 12.15km and 268m climb
Waterstop 3: Another 11.84km and 635 climb
Finish: Final 8.83km and 70m climb
Frequently Asked Questions
Glencoe Marathon Gathering weather forecast
Possible light rain until afternoon, starting again overnight.
Glencoe Marathon Gathering reviews (2)
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Strathclyde Loch Marathon, Half & Fun Run22nd Nov, Bellshill4.4(3)
- Causeway Coast Marathon25th Sep, Portballintrae4.8(7)
- Trail Pursuit Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K & 5K28th May 2021, Ambleside
- Tollymore Trail Marathon Events14th Nov, Newcastle4.6(11)
- Hamsterley Forest 10K & Half Marathon - February6th Feb 2021, Hamster, Redford
- Manchester Marathon10th Apr 2021, Stretford4.5(20)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.