The off-road marathon is an epic trail run that ascends a total of 1,608 metres through the heart of Glencoe and into the foothills of Ben Nevis.
"This was my first proper trail run, and I'm totally sold. The weather was..."
"Epic trail marathon! I ran in 2018 and the weather was not perfect, but it..."
See all reviews
How to enter the Glencoe Marathon Gathering
- Run 26.2mi
- Run 13.1mi
Glencoe Marathon Gathering routes
The route snakes through the pass of Glencoe, surrounded by the towering remains of this ancient super volcano, before climbing 240 metres up the fearsome Devil’s Staircase. From the eastern edge of the Aonach Eagach Ridge you look straight onto the mighty Buachaille Etive Mor (the great herdsman) before dropping back to sea level at Kinlochleven where the Mamores Half Marathon starts. Climbing up through the Mamores the route undulates until the descent into Glen Nevis and the base of the mighty Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest peak.
Glencoe Marathon Gathering weather forecast
Light rain overnight.
40% chance of rain
Glencoe Marathon Gathering reviews (2)
5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival23rd May 2020, Edinburgh
- Manchester Marathon5th Apr 2020, Stretford
- Snowdonia Trail Marathon12th Jul 2020, Caernarfon
- Running Grand Prix Oulton Park- March1st Mar 2020, Tarporley
- Conwy Marathon27th Sep 2020, Llandudno
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Snowdonia16th May 2020, Caernarfon