Sign up for a virtual 1k, 5k or 10k run this weekend and set yourself a target to run or walk towards! You can complete your run at any time to suit you over the weekend of the 6 and 7 June, and then upload your results and a selfie within 48 hours to our virtual leaderboard. If you are feeling competitive, why not challenge your friends, family or work colleagues?
Prizes are available for the best finish line selfie!
All profits will go towards The Yard, an award-winning charity running adventure play services for disabled children, young people and their families in the east of Scotland. Your support will allow us to provide a full range of online support which will bring a little bit of The Yard into our members’ homes. We would love for you to join us by going The Extra Yard, supporting disabled children families now, and in the future.
How to enter the Go the extra yard for The Yard
Once you register, you'll need to finish the distance in any interval or pace within the completion timeframe designated for your Virtual Event.
- Run 1km
- Run 5kmBooked 8 times this week
- Run 10km
How to complete a Virtual Event
Participating in a virtual event means you can complete the distance at any time within the event timeframe in a location of your choice.
Here's what you need to do:
Preparing your virtual event
- Secure your virtual spot in the event by booking your ticket
- Plan your ideal routeMake sure the route is at least the event length and as traffic free as possible
- Download a distance tracking app
- Ensure your phone and/or GPS watch is fully charged
During your event
- Record your activity on a tracker and take a screenshotThis can be either a phone or a GPS watch.
- Complete your activity in the designated event completion timeframe
- Make sure you go the event distanceBut don't worry if you go a bit further, we'll calculate your finish time.
- Take a Finisher's Photo to share with your fellow finishers
Submitting your result
- Head back to this event page to submit your resultsMake sure to submit your results within the event completion timeframe
- Upload a screenshot of your activity tracker or GPS watch to verify your resultsYou can still participate and submit results without this, but we won't be able to verify your results.
- Provide your finish time and overall distanceIf you run further than the race distance, we'll adjust your time down to the correct distance based on your pace.
- Share your Finisher's Photo on the Finish Line galleryGet featured on our Finish Line where you can celebrate your achievement and inspire others to get active.
Frequently asked questions
For more advice about virtual events, see our Virtual Event Handbook here.