Simply stunning were the words used to describe the venue at which the Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon 2018 is hosted. Located in the heart of Cambridgeshire, near the ancient Village of Buckden & St.Neots
The Grafman is well established within the triathlon community. This Event continues to grow, recently being voted National Event of The year 2014 and being selected for the Triathlon England Middle Distance Championships 2015 and British Championships 2016. Have you got what it takes to complete a 1.2 mile swim, 55 mile bike ride and a 13.1 mile run in less than eight and a half hours in 2018?
How to enter the Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.2mi, Bike 54.9mi, Run 13.1mi
- Other: Swim 1.2mi, Bike 54.9mi
Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon routes
The start, the swim, much of the run and the finish are all conveniently located together, making excellent spectator viewing at Grafham Water Reservoir. The swim takes place in the lake consisting of a two lap course that is easy to navigate; a quick Australian style exit on each lap makes a great spectacle for your family/friends to support you from. Once you are out the water your straight out on your bike. The roads around the villages offer great surfaces for fast riding and only the odd short climb to challenge you. The bike course will be fast, but don’t underestimate it – especially if it’s a windy day!
On returning to Grafham Water, you will conquer the multi-lap course around the edge of the lake comprising of both tarmac and hard compound tracks that offers a feed station every two miles or so and is lined with supporters willing you all the way to the finish line.
Questions & answers
- Where is the best spectator car parking please.Hey there, just to let you know Grafham Water Centre has a pay and display parking costing £3.50 for the whole day. The parking is right next to the Grafham Water Reservoir, where the swim and run finish are all conveniently located together, making for excellent spectator viewing. All the best!
- Thank you for you response.. Will there be enough parking at the water centre.Hello, there will be parking at the Water Centre, you find more detailed information here- https://anglianwaterparks.co.uk/grafham-water-park/visitor-information All the best!
Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon weather forecast
Possible drizzle in the evening.
Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Grafman Middle Distance Triathlon?
You may also like
- The Fugitive5th Jul 2020, Marlow
- The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon18th Jul 2020, West Mersea
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug 2020, Betws-y-Coed
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun 2020, Llanberis
- Sandman Triathlon & Duathlon12th Sep 2020, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
- Wales Triathlon13th Jun 2020, Fishguard