"Whether you're looking to try an open water swim for the first time, or you're searching for the ultimate challenge, the Great East Swim offers you a selection of distances to suit your ability.
The event takes place at Alton Water it offers a great day out for swimmers, families and spectators. With farmers' markets, plenty of musical entertainment and swim distances ranging from 250 metres* right up to a 10k, there really is something for everyone!"
How to enter the Great East Swim
- Swim 10km
- Swim 5km
- Swim 2mi
- Swim 1mi
- Swim 0.5mi
- Swim 0.25km
Great East Swim routes
The 10k course will consist of 6 laps of the Great Swim course. You will be constantly monitored by our safety team and have the opportunity to finish at the end of any lap should you need to on the day. Your time will stop when you go over the timing mat at the finish.
Meet the organiser
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
Great East Swim reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Great East Swim?
You may also like
- The London Triathlon6th Aug, London4.5(157)
- London Duathlon24th Apr, Richmond4.9(5)
- The Doddington Place Gardens 5k & 10k30th Apr, Sittingbourne
- Colchester Stampede 10k15th May, Colchester5(4)
- The UKCE Alzheimer's Research UK Suffolk Classic24th Apr, Suffolk
- Colchester Stampede Half Marathon9th Oct, Colchester4.7(2)
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.