Greensand Country Ultra Trail
1 / 17
Embrace the thrill of epic trails at the Greensand Country Ultra trail. This 50k ultra will be slightly undulating with an elevation gain of 430m. Embrace the awesome scenery on this magnificent spring Ultra. Come to learn your limits and power through to earn you finisher's medal.
Sun, 29 May 2022
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Perks of booking with Let's Do This
The event experience
Based on location
5 to 20m elevation gain per km
Where and when
Old Warden Airfield (Shuttleworth), Biggleswade SG18 9EP, UK
Sun, 29 May 2022
The race will start at the picturesque Shuttleworth Estate following private trails around the grounds. Then the route will join the amazing Greensand Ridge Walk which will take you through Warden Great Wood, to the first checkpoint. Participants will then take a small loop around Clophill and Chicksands along to the second checkpoint. You will then run along the side of the tranquil River Ivel to the final checkpoint. Finally, entrants will run through the peaceful ancient woodlands to re-enter the grounds of Shuttleworth house.
- Finisher's Medal
- Chip-timed results
- Aid stations
- Medical support
- Bag drop
- Free parking
- Prizes for top finishers
- UTMB World Series Qualifier
How to get there
Old Warden Airfield (Shuttleworth), Biggleswade SG18 9EP, UKGet full directions
There will be free parking available for entrants to use.
The closest train station is Biggleswade, which is an 8-minute taxi ride from the event base.
Event day logistics
07:30 Parking opens
07:45 Registration opens
08:45 Registration closes
09:00 Greensand Country Ultra Trail starts
17:30 Cut-off time
There will be 3 aid stations along the route at the following distance markers, where you will find a range of food and drinks:
- CP1: 15.4k
- CP2: 30.2k
- CP3: 39.1k
This is a cupless event so please bring your own bottle or refillable cup with you to the aid stations.
There will be prizes awarded to the top three male and female finishers, V40, V50.
All runners must adhere to the code of conduct at all times:
- Fasten all gates behind you
- Keep to the public footpath
- Guard against all fire risks
- Use gates and stiles to cross fences hedges and walls
- Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone
- Take your litter with you
- Help keep the water clean
- Protect wildlife, plants and trees
- Take care on country roads
- Make no unnecessary noise
- Dogs are not permitted in this race
- All competitors must carry a map of the course and will be encouraged to have access to the route via GPS
- Runners are required to record a time at each checkpoint using their wristband
- Runners must carry all mandatory equipment at all times
- Runners are allowed to carry poles
- Assistance may only be provided at aid stations
- Runners must be courteous to other route users
- Competitors must not jostle at stiles or other obstacles or push past slower runners on narrow paths
- Runners must offer assistance if they come across an ill or injured competitor
- Runners must retire if a race official asks them to
What to bring
- Fully Charged Mobile phone (with emergency number saved: 07874 947339)
- Refillable water/hydration system (minimum 500ml capacity, recommended 1 litre)
- £20 cash or payment card
- Route map (provided at registration)
- Sun Screen
- Re-usable cup (for checkpoints)
- Access to route map via mobile app
Will there be parking available at the Greensand Country Ultra Trail?
Yes there will be plenty of free parking available for entrants to use.
Is there a train station close to the Greensand Country Ultra Trail?
Yes, the closest train station is Biggleswade, which is an 8-minute taxi ride from the event base.
What is the start time of the Greensand County Ultra Trail?
The event will start at 9:00am please arrive between 7:45 and 8:45 to warm-up and register for the event.
This event currently has no reviews, why not be the first? You could help someone find their perfect event.