Distances in this event
- Run 20mi
- Run 20mi
- Run 4km
- Run 2km
From the organizer
Axe Valley Runners welcome you to the 30th Grizzly which is held under Association of Running Clubs rules with permit numbers ARC 17/065 (Grizzly & Cub) and 17/066 (Junior Race & Fun Run). This is the Grizzlys Pearl Anniversary - over the previous 29 years, there have been approximately 80,000 completed runs, with over 335,000 of race proceeds being donated to numerous different charities!
The Grizzly has over 3,500' ascent in its 20 miles; don't trust the elevation profile on Map My Run since it misses nearly two thirds of the climb. There are two sections of beach, totaling well over a mile; 2 energy-sapping bogs, where runners are often up to their waists in water and mud; and the infamous Stairway to Heaven, a steep path up the side of a cliff (beware if you suffer from vertigo). Some of the descents are steep and often very slippery, so please take care. It will take roughly your road marathon time, perhaps longer if conditions are grim.
Grizzly 2019 weather forecast
Possible drizzle in the morning.
Grizzly 2019 reviews (4)
4.9 out of 5 stars
Questions & answers
Get answers from our team or a member of our dedicated community.
You may also like
- Rocket Race Discovery19th Oct, Templecombe5(1)
- Spartan Race – Windsor5th Oct, Winkfield Row
- Britain's Bravest Military Challenge - Cardiff Pontcanna Fields28th Sep, Cardiff
- Britain's Bravest Military Challenge - Bristol Clifton Downs28th Sep, Bristol
- Wolf Run – Winter Wolf2nd Nov, Lutterworth5(1)
- Spartan Race – Twickenham23rd Nov, Twickenham