Axe Valley Runners welcome you to the 30th Grizzly which is held under Association of Running Clubs rules with permit numbers ARC 17/065 (Grizzly & Cub) and 17/066 (Junior Race & Fun Run). This is the Grizzly’s Pearl Anniversary - over the previous 29 years, there have been approximately 80,000 completed runs, with over £335,000 of race proceeds being donated to numerous different charities!
The Grizzly has over 3,500' ascent in its 20 miles; don't trust the elevation profile on Map My Run since it misses nearly two thirds of the climb. There are two sections of beach, totaling well over a mile; 2 energy-sapping bogs, where runners are often up to their waists in water and mud; and the infamous “Stairway to Heaven”, a steep path up the side of a cliff (beware if you suffer from vertigo). Some of the descents are steep and often very slippery, so please take care. It will take roughly your road marathon time, perhaps longer if conditions are grim.
How to enter the Grizzly 2019
- Run 20mi
- Run 20mi
- Run 4km
- Run 2km
Grizzly 2019 weather forecast
Possible drizzle in the morning.
Grizzly 2019 reviews (4)
4.9 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Rocket Race Apollo23rd Apr 2021, Templecombe5(1)
- Rocket Race Challenger Games2nd Jul 2021, Templecombe
- Obstakiller - November22nd Nov, Wimborne Minster
- Rocket Race Discovery22nd Oct 2021, Templecombe5(8)
- Spartan Stadion - Twickenham Stadium5th Dec, Twickenham
- The Little Welly - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire11th Jun 2021, Henley-on-Thames
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.