How to enter the Heyford Duathlon Standard and Sprint - June
- Duathlon: Run 10km, Bike 40km, Run 5km
- Duathlon: Run 5km, Bike 20km, Run 2.5km
Heyford Duathlon Standard and Sprint - June routes
RAF Upper Heyford was a prominent airbase during the Second World War and the Cold War and racers will be able to immerse themselves in the history of the venue.
Consisting of a 10KM run, 40KM cycle, then a further 5KM run, the standard duathlon is a real test of endurance.
The first run will take place on the disused runways with RAF Upper Heyford airbase and will be a lapped course, with athletes completing it twice.
From here, cyclist will complete 4 laps of a 10KM course and get to explore this historic airbase in its entirety.
Finally, athletes will finish off with one more lap of the 5KM running route.
The sprint's first run will follow the same course as the standard race, however only completing one run.
Similarly, sprint cyclist's will make their way around this intriguing airbase - completing the 10KM course twice.
Finally, the participants will finish with a quick 2.5KM run.
Given the nature of the venue, this race is entirely flat and racers will have the chance to set a quick time in this great setting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Heyford Duathlon Standard and Sprint - June weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
The Race Organiser are ranked #20 in the UK out of 553 organizers
Other events from this organizer
Heyford Duathlon Standard and Sprint - June reviews (7)
3.5 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- Pitsford Sprint Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquabike, Aquathlon14th May 2020, Northampton
- Pitsford Standard Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon12th Jul 2020, Northampton
- The Marlow Classic24th May 2020, Marlow
- The Fugitive5th Jul 2020, Marlow
- Dorney Lake Christmas Half, 15km, 10km, 5km and Duathlon14th Dec, Windsor
- Windsor Winter Duathlon & Run11th Jan 2020, Dorney