Horwich Triathlon is known as 'The Race To The Pike'. It's one of the oldest triathlon events in the North West, dating back over 25 years. It starts with a 500m pool swim and then a 40k undulating cycle ride, but we save the best bit until the end. The 8.6k run climbs all the way to the summit of Rivington Pike, before descending back to the finish at Horwich Leisure Centre.
We have all ability levels taking part, but it's not for the faint hearted. It's a tough challenge, but that's what makes the event so popular and whilst the run is brutal, it's what makes it iconic. This event is also the EPIC Club Championships, your club can score points by having more competitors in the event and finishing higher up the ranks. The club with the most points wins 1000 to donate to a charity of their choice.
How to enter the Horwich Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 0.5km, Bike 40km, Run 8.6km
Horwich Triathlon weather forecast
Horwich Triathlon reviews
There are no reviews for this event yet. Raced here before? Be the first to review this event.
How was Horwich Triathlon?
You may also like
- Ironman UK12th Jul 2020, Bolton
- Fleetwood Triathlon13th Sep 2020, Fleetwood
- West Lancashire Summer Triathlon23rd Aug 2020, Ormskirk
- Ribby Hall Triathlon5th Apr 2020, Kirkham
- The Snowman Triathlon1st Aug 2020, Betws-y-Coed
- The SportPursuit Slateman Triathlon, Duathlon & Swim Events13th Jun 2020, Llanberis