Consider these instead
The The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon has been cancelled. Here are other races in your area:
- The London Triathlon7th Aug, London4.5(157)
- Hever Castle Triathlon and Sport Festival25th Sep, Hever4.5(4)
- TRI Challenge Individual & Team Triathlon18th Sep, Windsor
- The UK Emergency Services Games28th Aug, Milton Keynes
- Blenheim Palace Triathlon11th Sep, Blenheim Palace Grounds4.8(18)
- Box End Lake Triathlon5th Sep, Bedford4.7(5)
This is a flat triathlon but the terrain is a mixture of road, sand and seawall making it a unique but challenging course. This event was voted as the Third Best Triathlon in the UK at the Let's Do This Challenge Awards 2019.
It is almost as if Mersea Island was created for this event. The run measures 21km, exactly the circumference of the island. There is stunning scenery all the way round, mixed terrain and no lap run.
The swim begins from the beach and is held at slack tide.
The cycle route takes competitors off The Island and along scenic Essex country lanes. Competitors will then head around Abberton Reservoir before turning back to the transition to begin the final leg.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Are you the organizer? Claim this page
We're rebuilding our event pages and would love your input. Please suggest anything you would like to see on this page.