Consider these instead
The The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon has been cancelled. Here are other races in your area:
- The London Triathlon8th Aug, London4.5(157)
- The Festival of Endurance at Hever Castle5th Jul, Hever Castle4(1)
- Gosfield Lake Triathlon & Multisport19th Jul, Gosfield4.5(4)
- The UK Emergency Services Games29th Aug, Milton Keynes
- Mersea Island Sprint & Olympic Triathlon19th Jul, West Mersea4.9(10)
- The Marlow Classic24th May, Marlow4.2(14)
The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon route
This is a flat triathlon but the terrain is a mixture of road, sand and seawall making it a unique but challenging course. This event was voted as the Third Best Triathlon in the UK at the Let's Do This Challenge Awards 2019.
It is almost as if Mersea Island was created for this event. The run measures 21km, exactly the circumference of the island. There is stunning scenery all the way round, mixed terrain and no lap run.
The swim begins from the beach and is held at slack tide.
The cycle route takes competitors off The Island and along scenic Essex country lanes. Competitors will then head around Abberton Reservoir before turning back to the transition to begin the final leg.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question about booking your place? See our Help Center
The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Island Races are ranked #17 in the UK out of 378 organizers