How to enter the The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon
- Triathlon: Swim 1.9km, Bike 90km, Run 21km
The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon route
This is a flat triathlon but the terrain is a mixture of road, sand and seawall making it a unique but challenging course. This event was voted as the Third Best Triathlon in the UK at the Let's Do This Challenge Awards 2019.
It is almost as if Mersea Island was created for this event. The run measures 21km, exactly the circumference of the island. There is stunning scenery all the way round, mixed terrain and no lap run.
The swim begins from the beach and is held at slack tide.
The cycle route takes competitors off The Island and along scenic Essex country lanes. Competitors will then head around Abberton Reservoir before turning back to the transition to begin the final leg.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Islander – Middle Distance Triathlon weather forecast
Drizzle throughout the day.
Meet the organizer
Island Races are ranked #19 in the UK out of 564 organizers
You may also like
- The London Triathlon8th Aug, London4.5(157)
- Mersea Island Sprint & Olympic Triathlon19th Jul, West Mersea4.9(10)
- Gosfield Lake Triathlon & Multisport19th Jul, Gosfield4.5(4)
- The Marlow Classic24th May, Marlow4.2(14)
- Blenheim Palace Triathlon30th May, Blenheim Palace Grounds4.8(18)
- The Fugitive5th Jul, Marlow4.5(4)