How to enter the Jurassic Trail East Meets West
Do it for a good cause. Make those miles count and register for a charity place.
- Run 26.2miStandard EntriesCharity Entries
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 10km
- Run 6km
- Run 42.2km
- Run 13.1mi
- Run 10km
- Run 5km
Jurassic Trail East Meets West routes
Starting just next to Marsh barn, in the old pitch and putt gravel area the trail run takes us through the beautiful golf club and onto freshwater. It's flat for the first 3 km which is where the First Aid station is located, after this the route follows the Jurassic coastal path through freshwater and you return to West Bay (Marsh Barn) along the Jurassic cliffs, with views along the coastline.
Again Starting just next to Marsh barn, in the old pitch and putt gravel area the trail run takes us through the beautiful golf club and onto freshwater. It's flat for the first 3 km which is where the Aid station is located, after this the route follows the Jurassic coastal path out to Hive beach, Burton Bradstock, before we head westwards and then follow the path back to the Aid station at 8 km, its cliff path, and sea views all the way back to West Bay (Marsh Barn) along the Jurassic cliffs.
Half Marathon 21.1km
The Half marathon is a test in places and not to be taken lightly, starting just next to Marsh barn, in the old pitch and putt gravel area the trail run takes us through the beautiful golf club and onto freshwater. It's flat for the first 3 km which is where the First Aid station is located, after this we meet our first hill - it's short and sharp.
At the top we get our first glimpse of the sea before we head for Burton Bradstock's hive beach, once through the fields, we follow the coastline and head inland for a km, and the second feed at 10 km before heading back towards Hive beach, it's all downhill and is track and trail.
We link back up with the 10 km route here and head towards the third feed at 17 km, this is when the fun really begins, once on the cliff path, you will realize why we have chosen this location. It is simply breathtaking, and the views (If there is no mist) are to die for. It's the Jurassic coast at its most superb.
The first parts of the Half are relatively flat but it is the Jurassic coast so at some point it's an up and down challenge that is not for the faint hearted.
An addition to the 2019 event will see us add a full trail marathon. It's tough, very tough, and the cut off at 18.5 km will be strictly enforced, but for those that are up for the challenge, come and run spectacular scenery.
Questions & answers
- When do we get our race packs?Hi there. Just to let you know race packs are collected at registration on the morning of the event.
- Is it possible to cancel if we can no longer make it?
- I am interested in the half marathon, never done one before. What food and drink are given on the way around to keep you going? Is it just a medal you get for completing? How do you know what time you finish in? Thanks!Hi there. Just to let you know that there is a feed station along the half marathon course which will have water and other fuel to keep you going. You do receive a medal for completing the event and you will be able to see your finish time either directly after the event, or it'll be emailed to you. Good luck!
- Hi, is it possible to get an entry on the day or have all the places for the 10k sold out for good?Hey there, just let you know that they will not do entries on the day as the event is already at full capacity. All the best!
Jurassic Trail East Meets West weather forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
Jurassic Trail East Meets West reviews (6)
4.4 out of 5 stars
You may also like
- ABP Southampton Marathon, Half, 10k & Mile26th Apr 2020, Southampton
- The Purbeck Running Festival - Ultra, Marathon, 16 Mile, 10K & 5K19th Sep 2020, Swanage
- Maverick Adidas Terrex X & Ultra Jurassic Coast17th Oct 2020, Wareham
- New Forest Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k & 5k13th Sep 2020, Brockenhurst
- Brighton Marathon Weekend19th Apr 2020, Brighton
- Virgin Money London Marathon26th Apr 2020, London